986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Used my heated seats today (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70029)

RobertKing 11-14-2017 09:41 PM

Used my heated seats today

For the first time this morning I used the heated seats in my Boxster S. Wow! Wish my daily driver had heated seats!

MWS 11-14-2017 11:15 PM

In Visalia? What did it get down to...60? Lol. Here both our "main" cars have heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated mirrors and I wish they had heated floor mats. I say "our main cars" because the Boxster doesn't...so it's car covered in a heated garage until spring.

A bizillion years ago I worked in Sequoia Natl...I remember one year it snowed something like a foot on Memorial Day; wonder if there's snow pack there yet. Care to drive up and take a look for me? ;)

Boxstard 11-15-2017 01:28 AM

I wish my Boxster had heated seats, all other cars I own or owned in the last 10+ years have one. It's one of those that spoil you quick...

However I do not feel as cold in Boxster seat, it seems to warm up quick and retain heat from my body well... must be snag and tight fit, less mass and nice insulation material? I'm planning to drive it throughout this winter in Michigan, had s couple days in 20's F last week but my selfheated seat was still quite tolerable.

Deserion 11-15-2017 05:24 AM

Only my Subaru has heated seats in my current fleet. But as the Porsches stay in the garage, being without them isn't as much of a concern. :)

marck 11-15-2017 08:13 AM

I've been using the heated seats for a few weeks now. I keep the Boxster out of the rain, mostly, and once they start putting ice melt/salt on the roads it'll stay inside till after the first big spring rain to wash it all away. None of the daily drivers have heated seats :(

RobertKing 11-15-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWS (Post 555330)
In Visalia? What did it get down to...60? Lol. Here both our "main" cars have heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated mirrors and I wish they had heated floor mats. I say "our main cars" because the Boxster doesn't...so it's car covered in a heated garage until spring.

A bizillion years ago I worked in Sequoia Natl...I remember one year it snowed something like a foot on Memorial Day; wonder if there's snow pack there yet. Care to drive up and take a look for me? ;)

Actually, it was in the low 50's this morning but yeah, I get it, not cold to those used to
below 25 or so this time of year. We're used to 100/110 or more here :)

KevinH1990 11-16-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxstard (Post 555336)
I wish my Boxster had heated seats, all other cars I own or owned in the last 10+ years have one. It's one of those that spoil you quick...

It is possible to add them:
Dennis Vogel: Projects - Boxster Heated Seats

It is not as difficult as it first appears when you start reading the instructions.