Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #1

3 day event at Sebring this weeked with 17 Boxsters on the roster, anyone else going?

There's a 3 day PCA HPDE going on this weekend at Sebring, Nov 17-19. Looking at the roster there are 17 Boxsters, of which 11 are 986 Boxsters. 1 is me, so there are 10 other 986 Boxsters - anyone else from 986forum going?

If so, if you see me come say hi

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #2

Damn... I REALLY need to go to one of these Suncoast PCA/Sebring DE events. They are always scheduled at the worst possible times of the year for me though.
dijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
Lvsranch

Hello Steve D. I am going this weekend, Sunday only, for my second track day in my 986. I will look you up if you are there on Sunday, I need some insights as I bought the car for tracking and just put some good brakes on for this go round. BTW Love the hardtop.

Last edited by lvsranch; 11-15-2017 at 03:38 PM. Reason: More to say
lvsranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Here in Montreal, with the temperature hovering around the freezing mark, track season has been over for more than a month now. Man, I am so tempted to drive the 1500 miles to catch some rays and track days!
YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #5

It is supposed to be in the low 80's this weekend there

Lvsranch - I will be parked in pit stall 56, I may leave early Sunday but I should be there all morning, come find me and I can give what limited tips I have

Dijinn - Sebring is definitely a bucket list track , do it!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsranch View Post
Hello Steve D. I am going this weekend, Sunday only, for my second track day in my 986. I will look you up if you are there on Sunday, I need some insights as I bought the car for tracking and just put some good brakes on for this go round. BTW Love the hardtop.
I just thought of one - if you have an instructor, see if you can get a ride in their car, it really helps to get a feel for the track at speed.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #7

Super quick trip report since I am not supposed to really be up on my computer right now...

The weekend went great, great weather, lots of laps, and I shaved off a major amount of time over this past April with Chin (where oddly I was in trains the whole time except for a few glorious clear laps at Happy Hour at the end of the day) where I ran a couple of laps that were 2:48.7x. This time I had a single 2:43.8 (in traffic, had to lift twice dang it), several 2:44 and many 2:45. So I was pretty happy. Here is the session that contained my fastest laps:

https://youtu.be/nwHvmx52RJY

Fast lap is lap 4 and starts at 8:47 into the video.

I also got some tips and advice Sunday morning from a spec boxster racer that was there, and tried to put some of it together, but I think by Sunday I was done... I did run a string of 2:44 but never got back down into the 2:43 outside of that one lap...

There was this one other blue boxster, a 2003 S I think, that smoked me last November - he still smoked me this year, but I was able to hang on a bit longer. He wasn't able to pull away at will on the straights, but I think he was killing me in the fast corners like turn 1, Bishop, and 17, but on the tighter sections like through the 15/16/17 combo I was able to gain back ground after being dusted through Bishop, but once we got to 17 he pulled away again. I hope to have that video soon

Last edited by steved0x; 11-22-2017 at 11:13 AM.