Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #1

Oil Change Assist in Los Angeles (Culver City)

Anybody in the Los Angeles area have a jack and stands I could borrow/rent for an oil change? Based in Culver City and happy to drive to you

Alternatively: Any shops or mobile mechanics around here that you recommend with reasonable prices? Parts cost is low and it's an easy job...so no $300 oil changes.

Just moved to LA and don't currently have a place to store large tools; also hoping to meet some other Porsche owners/enthusiasts

Infinite5ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite5ths View Post
Anybody in the Los Angeles area have a jack and stands I could borrow/rent for an oil change? Based in Culver City and happy to drive to you

Alternatively: Any shops or mobile mechanics around here that you recommend with reasonable prices? Parts cost is low and it's an easy job...so no $300 oil changes.

Just moved to LA and don't currently have a place to store large tools; also hoping to meet some other Porsche owners/enthusiasts
Hey Mike,

If you drive to Orange County (close to the 55 & 91 FWY), I would be more than happy to help you out, last week a close friend of mine drove from Long Beach to change the oil on his Carrera S and a couple of hours later (you have to let it drip…) he was on his way back home.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Hey Mike,

If you drive to Orange County (close to the 55 & 91 FWY), I would be more than happy to help you out, last week a close friend of mine drove from Long Beach to change the oil on his Carrera S and a couple of hours later (you have to let it drip…) he was on his way back home.
Sweet! I'd love to do that. Haven't really been to OC yet, and it's about time to visit and check out the place. I'll PM you.

Thanks all!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #4

Quick Follow-Up: I had an amazing time meeting Gilles and his wife. The oil change turned into simply a good excuse to spend a superb evening with some of the most kind and thoughtful people I've met in California.

So grateful for this community and all that it has brought to us in friendships and adventures

Many thanks to everyone
Old 11-16-2017, 06:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite5ths View Post
Quick Follow-Up: I had an amazing time meeting Gilles and his wife. The oil change turned into simply a good excuse to spend a superb evening with some of the most kind and thoughtful people I've met in California.

So grateful for this community and all that it has brought to us in friendships and adventures

Many thanks to everyone
Hello Mike,

You are welcome, it was a pleasure to meet you too!

I believe that you should post a couple of pictures of your car, because it is in amazing condition
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #6

Here is one image I took last week with a couple Danish models in the Mulholland canyons above Hollywood. I'm a fashion photographer...and they loved the Boxster.

Last edited by Infinite5ths; 11-16-2017 at 11:07 AM.