Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #1

Head rest support?

Hi.
My '97 Box has the factory seats and the way my body is built, my head falls short of the back-head rest. I need to install some sort of an extra support that makes the backrest protrude forward about 2". I looked online for headrest supports, but curious about your experience here.

Had anyone found a need for this and found a good source of headrest?

BoomerRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
The top part of the seat is a head restraint rather than a place to rest your head. It's purpose is to stop your head snapping back and to reduce whiplash injury in a crash.
Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #3

Sure. You can call it whatever you want. I'm just looking for suggestions on a head rest support. That's all.
BoomerRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerRoadie View Post
Sure. You can call it whatever you want. I'm just looking for suggestions on a head rest support. That's all.
Adjust the seat back forward. You can't just add something to the head rest. It isn't there to support your head for comfort.

RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote