Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #1

Photoshop help please!!

Thinking of dipping my wheels and wanted to know if someone could please Photoshop the wheels the colors below. Two pics so I can see how the different shades look with each color.
Thank you.

1. Gloss Black,
2. Anthracite
3. Gun Metal

redciv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
Thinking of dipping my wheels and wanted to know if someone could please Photoshop the wheels the colors below. Two pics so I can see how the different shades look with each color.
Thank you.

1. Gloss Black,
2. Anthracite
3. Gun Metal

Just an opinion. I can't PhotoShop but instead of dipping them look into peelcoat primer. Spray 3 coats of it on your wheels and you can paint them with any type, kind of paint, it will still peel off and it will hold up alot better and not look well, dipped. You don't have to mess with the upkeep you do with plastidip.

Last edited by JBauer; 10-26-2017 at 08:03 PM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:14 AM   #3

Hey J. I think I remember reading about that right before I refinished my wheels. I really like that color in your wheels. That is what I was looking for. What color?
Old 10-27-2017, 02:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Hey J. I think I remember reading about that right before I refinished my wheels. I really like that color in your wheels. That is what I was looking for. What color?
The paint color is graphite. You have remove the wheels so they lay flat for the primer to flatten out. It comes out of the can kinda textured. Worried me but in flows and smoothes out. There are vids on Utube of people striping their cars and then peeling it off. I've found once the paint is good and dry small mistakes can be sanded out since your using regular paint. The wheels aren't done in the pics. I'm going to let them cure really well then do the inside barrel and I may clear coat them. You can used index cards shoved into the edge of the wheels once you get them off. Tapbthem togetherandvyou can refuse on the other wheels. :dance:

Last edited by JBauer; 10-27-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:54 AM   #5

Don't mean to hijack your thread but another thing that you could do with your car with this primer is stripe it up, see ugly stripe , paint wheels video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmB46rDBCks the wheels are shown at the end of vid.

Heck once I get my Ztop installed I might just do something like this for a winter project.

Last edited by JBauer; 10-27-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #6

I like that Graphite color alot.
Kinda on subject, I have been thinking about getting a hard top, not for weather reasona, but I like the look of a painted top that matches the body color
Old 10-27-2017, 08:11 AM   #7

The nice thing about that primer is if you don't like it when your done you can paint it again and if you ever want to go back to factory just peel it. I messed up one wheel and all I had to do was let it dry well and peel and start over.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #8

hmmmm, good shot. That section looks rather thin. Did it come off in big chunks or pieces?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
hmmmm, good shot. That section looks rather thin. Did it come off in big chunks or pieces?
Pieces but it only took about 15 min to take it off. The thicker it is the easier it comes off and I wasn't done so it wasn't that thick.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #10

First Photoshop attempt

Old 10-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #11

Hey, we all have to start somewhere