Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #1

Help 🙄 Spin lock tods on hsrd top adjustable??

Width wise? I'm about a 1/2 inch off 😐

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #2

Did you get the male pieces on the hardtop into the spinlocks before you turned the levers? If so, there is a triangular plastic piece on the inside of the hardtop on each side right above the spinlock. Pry those covers off, and you will see 3 Allen bolts that can be loosened so you can adjust the top forward and back and up and down. It looks like you need to go down. I can't really see on the picture, but it looks like you have a 1/2" gap between the top edge of the clamshell and the bottom edge of the hardtop. There are posts somewhere that show the adjustments I'm talking about. I tried to search for them but didn't come up with them.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Did you get the male pieces on the hardtop into the spinlocks before you turned the levers? If so, there is a triangular plastic piece on the inside of the hardtop on each side right above the spinlock. Pry those covers off, and you will see 3 Allen bolts that can be loosened so you can adjust the top forward and back and up and down. It looks like you need to go down. I can't really see on the picture, but it looks like you have a 1/2" gap between the top edge of the clamshell and the bottom edge of the hardtop. There are posts somewhere that show the adjustments I'm talking about. I tried to search for them but didn't come up with them.
Thanks, I see them and it's all good now 😀
Old 09-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #4

The black top on the red looks pretty good.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Thanks, I see them and it's all good now 😀
Looking Good! My only regret with my 2003 Boxster S is that it is Seal Gray and not Red like yours, a real first world problem!
Attached Images

Last edited by PaulE; 09-06-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Haha,and mine is black and not seal grey, my favourite colour!
YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Looking Good! My only regret with my 2003 Boxster S is that it is Seal Gray and not Red like yours, a real first world problem!
I looked for about six months. The only must was guards red. The top will match in about a week.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:38 AM   #8

Quote:
I looked for about six months. The only must was guards red. The top will match in about a week.
The black top looks good though!

I bought mine in 2003 and went new because I wanted a glass rear window. PSM, cruise control and heated seats were my must have options, the top had to be black or dark blue, and black was my preferred interior color. Seal Gray was a color I could live with so I bought this one. My car had my must have options, but no OBC, (since added with PDwight's cable) base radio with no amp and only dash speakers (since added the factory rear speaker kit) halogen headlights (now have Nine8Six projectors). Other options my car did have were aluminum trim interior bits - shift boot, shift knob, e brake handle and gauge rings, wind deflector, painted to match roll bar 18 inch Lt. Alloy Carrera wheels and colored center wheel caps (now have Nine8Six's second generation center caps. By the time I bought mine, the 986 wasn't selling so well, and dealers were being more judicious in the options they were ordering to be mindful of the total window sticker price. Then in 2004 the 550 Anniversary Edition came out loaded to the gills!
Old 09-09-2017, 05:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Width wise? I'm about a 1/2 inch off 😐
What I did was this. Once the top is in place and locked down loosen the bolts that hold the levers.Now this is where you need a couple of helpers. Have one on each side and gently push down on the top enough to compress the bottom seal. Tighten the bolts.

95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote