986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rollbar covers (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68270)

JBauer 08-13-2017 08:24 AM

Rollbar covers

Is it just me or is it a B to get the mesh inserts into the rollbar after installing a Klisstle cover. I just can't get them to fit now. Anyone come up with a solution to this?

particlewave 08-13-2017 08:39 AM

My solution was to sell the rollbar covers. :)
The mesh just doesn't fit with them.

JBauer 08-13-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 546891)
My solution was to sell the rollbar covers. :)
The mesh just doesn't fit with them.

You got rid of them? ☹ Crap I knew you had some and I figured you had a solution.

particlewave 08-13-2017 12:52 PM

Yeah, I guess that wasn't very helpful. :)
I got rid of mine because I felt that the white was too bold. I managed to squeeze one mesh screen in, but the tabs were so bent from the pressure that I'm sure they would have broken or popped out.

If I had kept the cover, I would have just not used the mesh screens.

JBauer 08-13-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 546906)
Yeah, I guess that wasn't very helpful. :)
I got rid of mine because I felt that the white was too bold. I managed to squeeze one mesh screen in, but the tabs were so bent from the pressure that I'm sure they would have broken or popped out.

If I had kept the cover, I would have just not used the mesh screens.

I'm gonna keep mine on for awhile. Broke one tab on each cover trying to install them. Guess I should have test fit them before I painted and installed it. 🙄

Thanks

achillies 08-14-2017 11:12 AM

I broke 1 tab on each side but now they wedge in very nicely.

JBauer 08-14-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achillies (Post 546991)
I broke 1 tab on each side but now they wedge in very nicely.

Unfortunately I did the same and they still will not go all the way in.😐

drew44 08-14-2017 08:20 PM

Has anyone who has installed the Klisstle covers had issues with the top rubbing on them as it goes up and down. It is almost to the point where it causes the top to struggle. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

mikesz 08-15-2017 05:39 AM

I just don't use the mesh couldn't get them back in after putting on the covers. Wish I had tried to put the mesh in first then install the covers.

JBauer 08-15-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesz (Post 547046)
I just don't use the mesh couldn't get them back in after putting on the covers. Wish I had tried to put the mesh in first then install the covers.

I know your pain 😭

Dubaday 08-15-2017 12:40 PM

Yeah same issue, I can't get the mesh inserts to fit after the klisstle cover was taped on. so I got rid of the mesh inserts.

I did however do a highway test with the mesh insert and without, not a difference that I can notice.

Also did a test with the middle windscreen removed, definitely won't do that again...