986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Double Beep/Alarm System Codes (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68189)

SC-986 08-10-2017 06:08 PM

Double Beep/Alarm System Codes

I'm hoping someone has had some experience with these series of alarm system trouble codes. I just purchased an '04 S. Using an Autel scanner I found the following trouble codes:
60 - central locking limit position lock not reached
34 - passenger compartment monitoring sensor
54- radio receiver faulty

20 seconds after locking vehicle with the remote I get the double beep. I've verified that all doors and compartments are secure. With the window down and the alarm activated, when I reach in through the window and unlock the car door the alarm sounds.
When I reach in as if to grab something out of the car the motion sensor is inop. and the alarm does not sound.

The red flashing light at the center of the dash does flash when the alarm is activated.

The Autel scanner gives me a part# for the defective part, that being the Immobilizer, however, I'm not sure of the accuracy of that feature of the scanner.

Any ideas?

rexcramer 08-10-2017 06:18 PM

Do you have, or recently had, any water under the driver's seat? Any other odd electrical gremlins?

SC-986 08-10-2017 06:33 PM

I've owned the vehicle about a month now. Car is in great shape. PO kept it garaged when not in use. No evidence of water intrusion. Of course I have not pulled the seat yet to verify.
Other than the double beep and interior alarm sensor not working everything else works fine.

Chuck W. 08-10-2017 07:36 PM

It may be as simple as an issue with the radio ground wire. Is the radio OEM or aftermarket?

SC-986 08-11-2017 07:00 AM

I was wondering if the radio may have something to do with these issues. It is the original radio, but the PO had a "Dension box" installed that allows smart devices to interface with the stock unit. I'll have to check the ground.

p3230 08-11-2017 09:52 AM

The code 54 is the alarm module under the seat. I went to the dealer last week and they read the code 54 with the PIWIS and they ordered a new alarm module as they can't program it.

Chuck W. 08-11-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC-986 (Post 546706)
I was wondering if the radio may have something to do with these issues. It is the original radio, but the PO had a "Dension box" installed that allows smart devices to interface with the stock unit. I'll have to check the ground.

Cool, start there. Pull the radio and there should be a green ground wire that is plugged into the cage that the radio is mounted in.