Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #1

Recommendations

I recently relocated to East Tn. I need to find a good independent mechanic. I am going to miss Jim Kimmey in Atlanta. I have multiple pcars so I need someone that will work on anything porsche but not necessarily just Porsche. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #2

Who is this Jim Kimmey you refer to in the area. I am looking for a good one in the Atl area. I am in Gwinnett.
redciv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
Who is this Jim Kimmey you refer to in the area. I am looking for a good one in the Atl area. I am in Gwinnett.

Jim's shop, European Imports is on Lawrenceville-Suwanee road about 2 miles east of I-85. It is close for much of Gwinnett and he is worth it if you are in Loaganville or anywhere in Gwinnett. IMO. He is the owner and does almost all the Porsche work, other than oil change stuff, himself. He can work on anything, from oldest aircooled up to around 2014s I think. He did not buy Porsches' latest software or new Piwis whatever it is. It just got too expensive for him. He also works on BMWS Mercedes Audi. Keeping up all the licenses up to date is hard for small shops, something Porsche and all manufacturers are acutely aware of. He has worked on all my cars for 15 years. If he does make a mistake, which is rare, he will tell you and make it right. I cannot make a higher recommendation for any auto mechanic and I've been using them for nearly 50 years,
About 30 with Porsches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk