Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #1

How to remove the dash??

Hey, I just picked up one of the Harmon Kardon Drive and Play for my Ipod
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5yjtnh2w3HM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=harmon+kardon+ipod&i=108DP1US
and am looking to mount the display screen to the left of the instrument cluster. Any suggestions on how to remove the dash so that I may run the cable from the underside to the top?

Thanks

Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
boggtown

Well... I dont know if this will help you but to remove the carpet in the foot well pull away from the center of the car just enough to pop the tabs then pull towards the front of the car. Then to remove the trim pieces beside the trays in the center you just do the same thing. Pulling out the drawers is easy, you have to do the top one first (assuming you dont have cup holders or a cd changer). That leaves everything in the middle pretty much open, so hopefully you can route it up the dash easier, this is a fairly good car for taking apart so just take your time.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #3

Thanks - that is helpful. I have taken apart part of the center console before (doing a garage door button hack) but have never had the need to take the sides off. So your advice will definetely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
(assuming you dont have cup holders or a cd changer.
Actually I do have the cupholders. Is that going to make it more difficult? I was planning on removing them anyways, as I never use them, and put in another bin to hold the iPod and possible the mouse thingy that comes with the unit.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #4
boggtown

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6690

scroll down till you see my pic. If you have a cup holder it just means you have one less bin.