986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cruising the Mountains (photos!) (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6684)

cartagena 07-09-2006 03:02 PM

Cruising the Mountains (photos!)

Medellin Colombia

cartagena 07-09-2006 03:07 PM

I have been in Medellin for a couple weeks....

Two days ago I started missing my ride so I had it shipped here. They only scratched it a little.

The photo below shows the mountains around Medellin.

Medellin is located on the side of a mountain about 5000 feet above sea level. The mountain continues straight up for several kilometers. Driving on this mountain IS AWESOME!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!! The road constantly changes direction, left, right, u-turns, up, down, etc. It is like the longest roller coaster I have even been on.

cartagena 07-09-2006 03:11 PM

The sun had already started to go down and I had my cheap Sony portable camera so the pictures are not that great.

bmussatti 07-09-2006 03:18 PM

Where are the "assistants"?? :)

cartagena 07-09-2006 03:21 PM

I was cruising around on the mountain at about 130km listening to Mr. Ronnie James Dio as loud as the crappy radio will go. I had a new friend with me who yelled "Oye Papi!" when she saw the car. Naturally, I had to be polite and offer a ride. I was thinking how life does not get much better than this.

I then passed a sign that said "PELIGRO!" but paid no attention.

As I turned into the next blind corner the street made a turn that was almost 180 degrees! I slammed the breaks so fast and spun the car almost in a circle. It is a good thing Boxsters stop fast. If I was driving a normal car I would have went splat.

In the U.S. such a corner would have about 20 signs, a couple traffic lights, speed bumps, etc. Here they just stick up a sign the size of a small pizza box.

cartagena 07-09-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Where are the "assistants"?? :)

I have a photo of them kissing each other in my hot tub on the terrace of my penthouse overlooking the ocean. It really is a nice shot with a great view. But I think it would be off topic for this forum since the Porsche is not in the photo. Sorry.

cartagena 07-09-2006 03:34 PM

Medellin Colombia

Rail26 07-09-2006 07:32 PM

Hey Man, on a serious note. Be careful in that part of the world. I operate down there and they like nothing better than to role up a rich dude and set a nice ransom. I have seen it happen...kidnapping is an industry down there. I know you already know this, but just emphasizing.

Post the pics of the girls kissing. Ever make it to Bogota?

RandallNeighbour 07-09-2006 08:06 PM

"they only scratched it a little"

I'd be pissed.

boxsterx 07-09-2006 08:50 PM

nice view, nice ride but........ post the pic already!!!! :p

threpwood 07-09-2006 10:25 PM

:eek: I don't mind seeing the photo at all, no, I don't mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
I have a photo of them kissing each other in my hot tub on the terrace of my penthouse overlooking the ocean. It really is a nice shot with a great view. But I think it would be off topic for this forum since the Porsche is not in the photo. Sorry.

cartagena 07-09-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
Hey Man, on a serious note. Be careful in that part of the world. I operate down there and they like nothing better than to role up a rich dude and set a nice ransom. I have seen it happen...kidnapping is an industry down there. I know you already know this, but just emphasizing.

Post the pics of the girls kissing. Ever make it to Bogota?

I bought the car in Bogota. I only go to Bogota when necessary since the weather sucks. I know what you mean about kidnapping but it is getting better now. I do though know of a couple people who were short term kidnapped. I see people driving Hummers and a couple Mercedes in Medellin now. I live in Cartagena which is much safer than anywhere else in Colombia. I am only in Medellin for a short while and will not drive the car too much here.

cartagena 07-09-2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threpwood
:eek: I don't mind seeing the photo at all, no, I don't mind.

I posted a photo before of my assistant sitting in the car with only a g-string on and the admin deleted it. :(

bigislandboxster 07-10-2006 08:21 AM

I posted a photo before of my assistant sitting in the car with only a g-string on and the admin deleted it.

Oh well, I guess this site is too close to being a bit racey :D

Sounds like an interesting and exotic place for a cruise....too bad about the scratches tho, I would guess ********************ing about might bring more trouble perhaps than its worth?

Mantis 07-10-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Photoshop the Porsche in !! ;)

cartagena 07-10-2006 07:06 PM

Kiss my Boxster.....

cartagena 07-10-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigislandboxster

Sounds like an interesting and exotic place for a cruise....too bad about the scratches tho, I would guess ********************ing about might bring more trouble perhaps than its worth?

********************ing about the scratch would only result in the guy scratching his head and looking confused. It looks like a tree branch was run along the side of the car. They are not deep though so with wax they are not visible. I have lived in several 3rd world countries over the years and getting upset about these things only makes me go mental. It is just how it "is" and expecting service like in the U.S. is impossible.

threpwood 07-10-2006 11:18 PM

Thanks for the pic, arigato. Now, I need to get a Japanese twins to pose next to my boxs :p

Quote:

Kiss my Boxster.....

cartagena 07-12-2006 04:06 PM

I polished the car for this.....

cartagena 07-12-2006 04:18 PM

Took all day to wax it....