Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 02:36 AM   #1

Got My Durameetric

I got my Durametric this week and have a question. In the instructions it states to put the car in the acc position to start the program. So does that mean that I shouldn't start the car after the program is going? Probably a stupid question but that are some numbers that I would like to get while the engine is running or even going down the road. Just not sure as it isn't addressed in the instructions. Thanks

ctimgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:24 AM   #2

You can use it while driving the car. You have to have the ignition on (or engine running) and the cable connected BEFORE you open the durametric software on your computer.

Have fun with it! It's a great tool!
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #3

There have been several updates. The latest is xxx 3.6.Make sure you have it and not 3.5.It is tedious because you have to uninstall/reinstall.Need to go into "Tools" on the start page to find the update link. No, Durametric do not contact you to alert you to an update being available - that is what this Forum is for :-).

Last edited by Gelbster; 05-06-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote