Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 AM   #1

Check it out !

My supercharger kit came today! I thought I would have to rebuild the blower atleast. Nope, its like new. I know what your thinking. Its like new because the last guy blew up his motor. Maybe thats true I dont know. Im going to order the missing injector controller as soon as I figure out which one was originally with the kit. In addition I think I will get a timing box and a dyno tune. That is probably the most important piece people leave out, you need proper fuel and timing.

PS, dont tell my wife I laid everything out on the carpet! Im already responsible for a couple of stains.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #2

Please oh please return to this thread and post your installation issues/success, the before and after butt dyno testing you will surely do, and pix of how it looks on the engine. I'm excited for you!

And mums the word on the pics of it sitting on your wife's beautiful, nearly blemish free cream colored carpet!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #3

I will be glad to return and post progress. Im still waiting on the install direction and parts list. The guy I bought it from is working on these two issues. Im not sure exactly my time frame because I dont want to rush it. My wife will choke me if I bring home another car so I may wait till September when Im off for a few weeks. Thinking about just getting and installing the fuel management hardware/software so I can get a good baseline of where the cars is at presently. Thanks for being happy for me!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #4

Nice! Good luck with the installation, please keep us all updated on it (with lots more pictures)

And about that stained carpet...

Just buy a big decorative Porsche carpet on eBay and drape it over the spill