Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #21

This is my favorite attitude. It's not my car... I hope that owner enjoyed the process of customizing his car the way I do mine. I don't love what he/she has done, and I don't hate it (and I'm pretty sure he/she didnt factor in my feelings). It's just great seeing a different take on someone's "perfect" 986.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
What i do love is that someone put the time/effort/$$$ into a 986.

Boxster_S_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #22

Exactly the attitude required. And if i'm honest i'd rather see a lot more of this than stick on overfenders and big wings.

As for air suspension all anybody wants to know is how low it can sit rather than the ride and clearance improvement it can have. It's so much more than people think it is and looking at the airlift badges on the car i wouldn't be surprised if that has the performance kit, i've seen a MK7 Golf lapping Goodwood on that system and if you didn't know you would never have guessed it was on air.

Last edited by That986; 04-05-2017 at 10:46 PM.
That986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:23 PM   #23
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
I wonder where they put all of the toggle switches? I knew somebody who put 10 grand worth of air on a Suzuki Samurai. He had 8 toggles on his dash to operate everything. It didn't make much sense (to me) on his car either, but he was happy as a clam.
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
I wonder where they put all of the toggle switches? I knew somebody who put 10 grand worth of air on a Suzuki Samurai. He had 8 toggles on his dash to operate everything. It didn't make much sense (to me) on his car either, but he was happy as a clam.
Toggle switches????

All done with a pad the size and thickness of an ipod now.

That986 is offline   Reply With Quote