Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

Where is The AC blower motor resistor?

I own a 98 Boxster on which I need to replace the AC blower motor resistor. The fan is stuck blowing on high no matter what I do which is a bad resistor. I purchased a replacement resistor, but I can't find anywhere online that has a photo of where the resistor is, instructions for how to get to it or a video showing it being replaced. Does anyone have a photo or video showing where it is and how to get to it? I don't want to just go in and start tearing things out that don't need to be removed, but I have a feeling it is going to take some work to access it.

PDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #2
Beginner

Garage
for US cars, it is on the passenger side just above and to the left of the blower motor

This picture (which keeps uploading upside down even when I flip the image in the uploaded file) is taken from the right side floor looking up with the glove box removed on an 03S. Since the photo keeps flipping, the top of the photo is actually the floor of the car.

The following picture shows the heater box out of the car, the red box is the resister pack