Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #1

Where to Shop for Parts?

Hi,

Besides the sponsors of this site i was wondering what other sites do members here check out to get their parts. Im in the process of getting a 986 Boxster and i wanted to swap out the front bumper. I seen other members here who have conversions and i would like to know where i could possibly purcahse them as well. I would also like to know if it would be bolt on.

Thanks for your help,
Tony

Tony Yeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #2

I too am now searching for front and rear bumpers, side skirts, etc. Ebay has a bunch of supposedly bolt-on dress up parts for our cars, but I'm skiddish to buy them because a lot are made out of fiberglass and will break easily compared to the plastic ones made by Porsche. And they're all expensive regardless of their composition.

I'd recommend saving up for repairs on a used Boxster before buying dress up body panels for it just after purchase... it would be lousy to have a great looking Boxster in need of a coolant tank or whatever and not have the cash available for it, huh?

Hopefully though, you'll find a 986 with low miles and some factory warranty AND a wonderful previous owner who cared for the car. These are out there if you look hard and are willing to pay more for a newer car compared to an older one totally out of warranty and needing worn parts replaced.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #3

Thankyou for the headsup. I also read the links in your thread, very informative. Actually it scared me alittle about my purchase of a 986 hehe. Im comming from an S2000 that never gave me any problems for all the years i owned it. Im suprised on how the reliability of the 986 are. I will try to keep on top of things for my future purchase.
Tony Yeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:25 PM   #4

We at EPIQ (forum sponsor...) have a few nice items like bumpers, spoiler, etc, all done with actual factory paint, not 'factory match' paint - makes a big difference...

www.epiqautosport.com

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #5

Replacement Bumpers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIQTodd
We at EPIQ (forum sponsor...) have a few nice items like bumpers, spoiler, etc, all done with actual factory paint, not 'factory match' paint - makes a big difference...

www.epiqautosport.com
Do you sell OEM bumpers with factory matched paint? I am looking for a rear bumper for my 2000 986S. I dont see them on your website. If you do can you disclose the price on the forums?
I let a family friend drive my car (Never Again) and they backed over a palmetto bush. The dealer wants $1400 for replacement and paint.

tkerns is offline   Reply With Quote