986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Will 987 floor mats fit a 986? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6496)

Marc Gelefsky 06-18-2006 11:21 AM

Will 987 floor mats fit a 986?

I never looked how diferent they are and a friend of mine has a set of 987 mats he does not want.

Thanks

Rail26 06-18-2006 02:10 PM

I have the perfect solution...take your buddies car mats and place them in your car. If they fit the answer is yes...if they don't fit the answer is no. I'm here for anymore questions.

Marc Gelefsky 06-18-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
I have the perfect solution...take your buddies car mats and place them in your car. If they fit the answer is yes...if they don't fit the answer is no. I'm here for anymore questions.

Great idea smart ass! :)
The mats are 2000 miles from me..

MNBoxster 06-18-2006 06:38 PM

Hi,

The 987 mats are bigger than the 986 ones. The Passenger side fits with no issues, but the Driver side is longer and wider than the 986 mat. It will still fit, but it bunches up a little by the throttle pedal. I found this out the hard way because I bought a new set (987 techequipment) at a fantastic price (under $25) so I'm using them right now. I was a little worried that they would interfere with the throttle, but after several hundred miles, they haven't. I also got a set of new OEM 986 mats (for the same price) which I'm keeping until these wear out or stain excessively. So they're not an exact fit but the difference is negligible. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

bmussatti 06-19-2006 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

The 987 mats are bigger than the 986 ones. The Passenger side fits with no issues, but the Driver side is longer and wider than the 986 mat. It will still fit, but it bunches up a little by the throttle pedal. I found this out the hard way because I bought a new set (987 techequipment) at a fantastic price (under $25) so I'm using them right now. I was a little worried that they would interfere with the throttle, but after several hundred miles, they haven't. I also got a set of new OEM 986 mats (for the same price) which I'm keeping until these wear out or stain excessively. So they're not an exact fit but the difference is negligible. Hope this helps...

Jim, please tell us how to buy OEM mats for $25. Thanks!

MNBoxster 06-19-2006 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Jim, please tell us how to buy OEM mats for $25. Thanks!

Hi,

Well, the set of 987 mats was on eBay about 6 mos. ago, NIB etc. @ $75. I watched the auction and no one bid by the auction's close. So, I contacted the seller and offered $25+ I would send a pick-up tag from FedEx (I have my own acct.) to ship them. After several emails, the seller finally accepted. The 986 set I got NIB from a dismantler. I bought some other parts from him and he mentioned that the Car, which was totalled had a NIB set of Savannah Beige Mats in the trunk, never used (turned out they were still in sealed plastic), might I know someone who wanted them. I offered $25 + S/H and he said yes... Persistence and Luck!...