Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #1

Porsche Line-up questions

So I have two questions...

1. It seems like Porsche has a car for every little hp bump: boxster, boxster S, cayman, cayman S, carrera, carrera S, carrera 4S, carrera turbo.

Where do you think the sweet spot is? At what level do you think the performance bump up is no longer useful for a casual back road driver and only useful for hobbiests racing on a track or for a professional driver?

2. What are your aspirations? Do you hope to move up to a carrera and then a turbo and then a ferrari or lamborghini? i mean, that would seem to be the logical progression to me (money aside) but it seems like most people with carreras, ferraris and lamborghinis don't drive their cars for fun as much as boxster owners do.

hippojam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #2

You always want more. So for me it there is no sweet spot!
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #3

Well I can tell you that at about 800hp in a porsche, the trackability of the cars starts to go down, You do things like rip flywheels off of cranks For the boxster, I think 400hp is going to be just about perfect