986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Make your Porsche Boxster Noise and Wind Proof (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6473)

asenoff 06-17-2006 12:34 AM

Make your Porsche Boxster Noise and Wind Proof

I saw this on E bay under Porsche Boxster and thought it would be of interest to the group
MAKE YOUR PORSCHE BOXTER NOISE AND WIND PROOF
Porsche did a great job in providing a windscreen for their car. However they goofed when they installed the plastic inserts in the roll bars.
The holes in the inserts cause wind to whistle through making the car noisy and not letting the windscreen do a good job in keeping you and your passenger comfortable.

My “Lexan” inserts solve the problem by cutting off all wind from rushing through the grills. Installation takes only seconds and all you need is a Phillips screwdriver. No holes to drill, nothing to remove from the car.

We specialize in helping drivers of 2 seat roadster enjoy their car to the fullest. We make windscreens for the Cadillac Allante, Ford Thunderbird, Chrysler Crossfire, Mercedes 230SLK, Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky.
The price is only $50.00 plus $12,50 for shipping.

prOk 06-17-2006 05:21 AM

Lol.. whopping 1 post.. you saw on ebay and just HAD to come scrambling to this board to share your knowledge with that one post! Why not just say it's you selling these things? You even put this on sale here! Ebay says "The price is only $65.00 for the pair plus $12.50 Shipping to Anywhere in the US and Canada."

All that silliness aside, I really don't want a silver nut and bolt holding in a cheesy looking piece of lexan from home depot in my windscreens. Add to that, you're essentially making a clip in plastic piece a parachute making it very likely it will pop out and fly down the highway..

/b

bmussatti 06-17-2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prOk
Lol.. whopping 1 post.. you saw on ebay and just HAD to come scrambling to this board to share your knowledge with that one post! Why not just say it's you selling these things? You even put this on sale here! Ebay says "The price is only $65.00 for the pair plus $12.50 Shipping to Anywhere in the US and Canada."

All that silliness aside, I really don't want a silver nut and bolt holding in a cheesy looking piece of lexan from home depot in my windscreens. Add to that, you're essentially making a clip in plastic piece a parachute making it very likely it will pop out and fly down the highway..

/b

Yea...just what prOK said!

ScottT 06-17-2006 06:46 AM

Sorry I missed the original post... someone just emailed me (as if we were old friends, using my fierst name and all) about a once in a lifetime penis enlargement machine!

What a friend!

mach schnell 06-17-2006 09:15 AM

Damn! Can this guy make a Porsche shimmy proof - can I get my Boxster back?! Did I act to fast?!?!? Oh...I've gotta go wash this cream - guaranteed to make more money appear in my wallet and I'll have rock hard Abs too!!

Rail26 06-17-2006 02:29 PM

I'm selling a used penis pump...any takers? Grrrr....baby....yeah!

creseida 06-17-2006 07:39 PM

I've got a diet pill that will let you lose 50 lbs in one week. Burns fat and builds muscle. Instant 6-pack guaranteed! The secret is to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for breakfast, lunch and dinner. $30 for a 30 day supply. Surely you can afford $1 per day to look like a super model?

986Jim 06-18-2006 05:10 AM

Did I tell you guys about this new stock? ZZY on S&P500. Guaranteed to raise 5000% over the next 5 minutes, minimum buy in of $10,000. This stock specializes in making people money. Nobody knows anything about the company but I'll tell you Friend, this stock will make you rich. Buy today and buy lots! Your mansions are just around the corner!

blackkatt 06-18-2006 08:32 AM

Glad to see that I am not the only one that gets that BS email. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 986Jim
Did I tell you guys about this new stock? ZZY on S&P500. Guaranteed to raise 5000% over the next 5 minutes, minimum buy in of $10,000. This stock specializes in making people money. Nobody knows anything about the company but I'll tell you Friend, this stock will make you rich. Buy today and buy lots! Your mansions are just around the corner!

70Sixter 06-18-2006 10:47 AM

I just made a good friend (a Dr) in Nigeria. All I have to do is send $10k front money and he'll split $17.5 million bucks with me after he gets it out of the country!