986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Solution found for "Boxster blues" (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6448)

Wintermute 06-14-2006 10:04 PM

Solution found for "Boxster blues"

You know, hanging around on these forums, looking at everyones gorgeous 986s and 987s with sweet upgrages like GT3 bumpers and Carrera wheels, GT3 racing seats, glass -window tops, factory Litronics and OBC, and custom exhausts; one can start to feel a bit inadequate with a plain stock Boxster. Even a Boxster S. Not only that, but the next year Boxster always seems to have those one or two features you wish your's had (damn those 2003's with their glass windows and colored side vents!).

It seems the only cure for the "Boxster blues" is to spruce up your ride with some custom work and extra features. Which of course costs time and money. What's a guy/gal to do?

Well, I have a solution! It's cheap, easy, and all of you can do it right now! No waiting! All you have to do is head down to your dime-a-dozen, totally stock Boxster, put the key in the ignition, lower the top, fire up the engine, crank the stereo with your favorite cruising tunes, and blast down that twisty mountain you love so much. I guarantee you will feel like you're driving the sweetest, fastest, best-handling, and sexiest vehicle on the road in minutes. I know I do.

Just thought I'd pass on my findings. :)

TriGem2k 06-14-2006 10:35 PM

But when you get back on the internet you realize "TriGem2k's" boxster looks soo much sexier than everyone elses :D :dance:

blinkwatt 06-15-2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k
But when you get back on the internet you realize "TriGem2k's" boxster looks soo much sexier than everyone elses :D :dance:

James those pictures never cease to amaze me. The lighting is fantastic.

fab 06-15-2006 03:31 AM

TriGem2k-

Your car looks really good! Where dd purchase your side skirts? Is it a fiberglass material ? What was the cost? Did you have an autobody shop do the installation? I'm shopping around for side skirts.

Biz-z Z 06-15-2006 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute
...Well, I have a solution... All you have to do is head down to your dime-a-dozen, totally stock Boxster, put the key in the ignition, lower the top, fire up the engine, crank the stereo with your favorite cruising tunes, and blast down that twisty mountain you love so much. I guarantee you will feel like you're driving the sweetest, fastest, best-handling, and sexiest vehicle on the road in minutes. I know I do.

Thanks, man. You just saved me a bundle! ;)

KronixSpeed 06-15-2006 05:36 AM

hey i just bought side skirts, try www.departstop.com, very good price. tell them serge sent you, and to make sure they sell you 986 skirts....lol...not 996. very good paint quality also, i loved the paint job.

Iatros 06-15-2006 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k

Not to inflate your car's ego any further ;)

but I've made one of your pics my desktop on one of my monitors... but it's the smaller of the two LCDs! (17") Ha!

I've got my own custom made background full of porsches for the 19" lcd

I'm in the market for a 2003 S and was having a difficult time picking out a color combo. Your car definitely is swaying me! Very nicely done

insite 06-15-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
hey i just bought side skirts, try www.departstop.com, very good price. tell them serge sent you, and to make sure they sell you 986 skirts....lol...not 996. very good paint quality also, i loved the paint job.

on their website they quote $750, but they mention paint. is the $750 for a painted set? if not, what did they charge you for paint? thanks.

TriGem2k 06-15-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fab
TriGem2k-

Your car looks really good! Where dd purchase your side skirts? Is it a fiberglass material ? What was the cost? Did you have an autobody shop do the installation? I'm shopping around for side skirts.

Everything on my car are factory parts....The side skirts and Front bumper are from the Aero Kit II... The best place i would suggest would be DPS Parts. They have the best prices and their color matching is excellent.

drburton 06-15-2006 09:40 AM

When I get the Boxster blues (actually happened earlier today), I end up on the internet looking at 911's. Seems inevitable that an upgrade is going to happen eventually (upgrade in my mind, i know some don't like the 911).

Saw a 2005 911 Coupe with decent options for $67k and only 5k miles on it. Not bad.

Grizzly 06-15-2006 10:28 AM

Hey Wintermute,

Those of us who spent a king's ransom upgrading the appearance of our cars probably didn't get enough attention when we were kids... ;) And yeah, I spent a bunch upgrading mine...Ya hear that Mom???

Remember this...The view through the windshield is exactly the same.

Grizz