986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I Love The Boxster! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6441)

KronixSpeed 06-14-2006 06:43 AM

I Love The Boxster!

I LOVE THE BOXSTER...........have been reading a lot about how people post only when they have problems. Which is obvious seeing that this is a forum and people come to find help. So i just thought it would be good to start a thread, where all you have to say is I LOVE THE BOXSTER!!!!!

EPIQTodd 06-14-2006 06:51 AM

I don't think I have been writing any complaints - my only 'issue' lately was my power steering leak (2nd time) which is being fixed under warranty. I'm all over this car - love it. My 2nd one in just over 3 years, and lovin' every minute of it.

Biz-z Z 06-14-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
I LOVE THE BOXSTER...........have been reading a lot about how people post only when they have problems. Which is obvious seeing that this is a forum and people come to find help. So i just thought it would be good to start a thread, where all you have to say is I LOVE THE BOXSTER!!!!!

I’m with you. Two nights ago, my wife and I drove out to our favorite beach in Maine, about an hour away, then up the coast a bit further to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner. Afterward, we cruised backed along the southern Maine and NH shoreline then pointed the Box-S west towards home; about 190 miles in all. Took a couple of really windy roads, but couldn’t wring it out owing to casual traffic. However, we enjoyed every leisurely top-down mile.

After owning the Box-S about a year, we’re still in the honeymoon stage.

Perfectlap 06-14-2006 11:19 AM

YEAH!

when I'm in my Boxster I'm f#@#'n cool!

and when I wear my striped shirt in my Boxster i'm 2x's cool!

(warning for mature dudes contains language not approved by the FCC)
http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?SectionID=11&StoryID=239&Layout

seriously, no material item has added more to my materialistic life.
If only it had a back seat :D

IowaS 06-14-2006 11:50 AM

You can say that again

I'm with you all here, I have had a couple of issues with the car but when I get behind the wheel it's a great experience. And when you see another car you "could" have purchased driving down the road or at a stop light...you know they are thinking.."Damn, I wish I had a Porsche"...

denverpete 06-14-2006 12:00 PM

I loaned my Boxster to a friend for a week while I was in Mexico. The day after I picked up the car from him I got the following email:

"Hope you had a good trip. I enjoyed driving the Boxster. I now hate my car."

Yup.

creseida 06-14-2006 12:11 PM

I have enjoyed every mile driven in my Box. All 16,000 of them in two years. At least 15,700 of them have been topless.

My box has seen snow, rain, wind and dry days. Never a problem.

denverpete 06-14-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creseida
I have enjoyed every mile driven in my Box. All 16,000 of them in two years. At least 15,700 of them have been topless.

My box has seen snow, rain, wind and dry days. Never a problem.

Oh, I so want to respond to that post....... Must resist. Must resist.

rdancd816 06-14-2006 12:25 PM

I love mine too! It mostly goes to and from the airport here, about 35 miles each way every week. Then gets a mountain run each weekend. It's a blast to drive and so far has been fine. I DID have to replace the original tires since they were nearly 9 years old! I know stuff may happen mechanically, but I am enthralled by the handling. If something breaks or the RMS goes...I'll fix it. Didn't pay that much for this car. I plan to keep this car "original" and am thrilled to own it. I kind of like having a year one Boxster! So far!!

Y2BOX 06-14-2006 12:42 PM

lovin every minute....driving, cleaning, looking,talking, reading.

The car becomes a part of your life......

OMG...need to sit down :cheers:

rdancd816 06-14-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverpete
Oh, I so want to respond to that post....... Must resist. Must resist.

Pete...Such a Gentleman!! Creseida, you may want to proof your posts!!! Anyway there are a lot of old guys out here who have a mental picture of all those 15,700 topless miles!! Priceless!

creseida 06-14-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

"Creseida, you may want to proof your posts!!! Anyway there are a lot of old guys out here who have a mental picture of all those 15,700 topless miles!! Priceless! "

But it's truuuuue..... :D

Pete, resistance is futile...... ;)

rdancd816 06-14-2006 01:48 PM

Credo's to all who live in the "State of Confusion"! Well said Creseida!