Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #1

Took the plunge...You're stuck with me now

After deciding against the 2002 S I was originally looking at I found another 2002 S with the following:
  • 2 previous owners with 5600 miles. The last owner only put 500 miles on it and his wife/girlfriend decided they didn't like it. He bought it at a dealer with a CPO so it was CPO'd just 500 miles or so ago. He traded it in on a BMW so the CPO was lost through the transition to the dealer but the dealer is giving me a great deal on a 3yr bumper to bumper extended that includes RMS coverage
  • No RMS problem to date
  • Had another PPI done
  • They will be doing an oil change before I pick it up
  • Premium stereo with CD changer and door speakers
  • Windblock and head rest inserts
  • tool kit
  • 2 keys and valet key
  • Arctic silver with black interior
  • The original Pirellis have half tread on them
  • As you can imagine with those miles, everything is in excellent condtion
  • All manuals
  • Upgraded premium leather
  • Sport package
  • Xenon lights
  • All the other standard equipment

I pick it up Friday. The only bad thing is it is supposed to rain on Friday Oh well, there will be plenty of top down days in my future. Thanks to all for the great advice on this board!

Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #2

How much?

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #3

@ Jump,

Congratulations! Sounds like a great Car. But, why wouldn't the CPO Transfer? especially after only 500 mi.? With 5600 mi., your Pirelli's should not be half gone at all, even for an agressive driver. If they truly are, investigate further as I have the original Pirellis on my Car with 25k mi. and they'll be due next year, approx. 28k mi. Anyway, Congrats!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #4

Congrats and best of luck with it!

Are you positive you cant transfer the CPO? whan I sold my CPO Audi I was able to transfer the coverage to the new owner.
Parhaps you should give PCNA a call and find out, perhaps save a few bucks on that warranty.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #5

Boxster in Fargo!!?

I guess this is going to be a summer only car? Make sure you order you winter tires early they only make so many and then they are done for the season.
You'll need them even if you don't take it out on snow days. This Feb. I was driving home in the rain and in a blink it turned to snow and I was driving sideways for two miles. had to dump the car and go back two days later.

if it includes RMS coverage ($700 job) take it. Ask them to give you a list of the all the parts THEY WON'T cover. You know, the opposite. See if they play along or keep hiding behind the small print. I had CWS and after they refused to pay for a $4 parking brake switch, I canceled the contract.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-07-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #6

I didn't get what I'd call a great deal but paid what I'd call a fair 35k including the 3 year extended warranty.

"Congratulations! Sounds like a great Car. But, why wouldn't the CPO Transfer? "

As I understand it (and I confirmed it by reviewing the CPO policies on Porsche's web site), they only honor the transfer of a CPO between private parties. If a private party sells/trades the car to a dealership, as in my case, it goes away. The dealership I bought it from wasn't a Porsche dealer either. I'll actually be flying into your neck of the woods to pick it up Friday morning (it is in Eden Prairie).
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #7

No Perfectlap, it is 5600. Almost too low but things checked out. I don't plan on driving it in the winter. That is what my Jeep is for. But, there is a good chance I'll be moving to Tennessee later this summer so that will solve most of that problem.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
creseida

I agree with the poster who mentioned the red flag on the tires... at 5600 miles you should have AT LEAST 3/4 tread, if not more.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #9

"I agree with the poster who mentioned the red flag on the tires... at 5600 miles you should have AT LEAST 3/4 tread, if not more."

I guess it is actually more than 50% (I'm no tire expert so the figures didn't mean alot). They're at 7/32s front, 6/32 rear. I was told that new is about 9/32s. Does that sound closer to what you'd expect?