986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Flood under drivers seat (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62880)

p3230 08-25-2016 07:37 AM

Flood under drivers seat

I had a flood under the drivers seat a while back from blocked drains, I fixed the blockage took out the immobilizer under the seat sent it out for repairs dried out the interior reinstalled everything now my fob doesn't work, no lights when I open the doors, rear defogger doesn't work and the door lock in dash doesn't work also the flashing light on the dash doesn't work, trunk front and back only work when the key is in the on position, but the car starts. Do I have to get my immobilizer reprogrammed, or is there something else that I have to do. 2003 Boxster S.

particlewave 08-25-2016 07:42 AM

Excellent DIY Project Guide! Thanks!

p3230 08-25-2016 07:51 AM

If you have nothing better to say keep it for yourself.

particlewave 08-25-2016 07:55 AM

Take a deep breath, then think about being a bit more considerate of others and the forum. Its not all about you.

p3230 08-25-2016 08:06 AM

If your so smart move it.

particlewave 08-25-2016 09:12 AM

Only a moderator can move a thread ;)

Now, if you really want help, try being a little nicer. :)

Matt at Pelican Parts 08-25-2016 09:54 AM

I'm going to move this thread, gentlemen. Please keep the hostilities to a minimum... it was an understandable mistake. At the end of the day, we're all supposed to be helping each other here.

particlewave 08-25-2016 11:01 AM

I'd start with the connectors at the immobilizer. They likely have lots of rust and corrosion if you have not already cleaned them.

Then I'd contact the company that "repaired" the immobilizer.
All issues can be traced back to it.

steved0x 08-25-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3230 (Post 507778)
... but the car starts.

I missed this the first time, are you saying the car starts and runs? It is just all the other stuff that you say doesn't work properly?

If I hadn't heard the immobilizer part, (and if the car runs and drives) I would suggest looking at the electrical part of the ignition switch. But if all of this started after putting the repaired immobilizer in, that seems to be a pretty strong clue...

Hopefully one of the stronger experts than me has some feedback. ;)

itsnotanova 08-25-2016 12:46 PM

Good suggestions already but to add to that. When you said you dried it out, did you take the floor carpet completely out to dry it? The insulation on the bottom of the floor carpet is a sponge that won't dry out unless you yank it out and hang it for a couple days. The moisture from that carpet might have corroded your immobilizer again. it's real easy to check the immobilizer without removing the seat from the car.

p3230 08-25-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 507798)
I'd start with the connectors at the immobilizer. They likely have lots of rust and corrosion if you have not already cleaned them.

Then I'd contact the company that "repaired" the immobilizer.
All issues can be traced back to it.

I did clean the connectors on the immobilizer and when I talked to the person that repaired the immobiliser he told me that he had to change some chips and other things on the board and that he resoldered all the joints on the board also. That's why I'm wondering if it had to be reprogrammed.

p3230 08-25-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 507800)
I missed this the first time, are you saying the car starts and runs? It is just all the other stuff that you say doesn't work properly?

If I hadn't heard the immobilizer part, (and if the car runs and drives) I would suggest looking at the electrical part of the ignition switch. But if all of this started after putting the repaired immobilizer in, that seems to be a pretty strong clue...

Hopefully one of the stronger experts than me has some feedback. ;)

Yes the car starts and runs well as for the ignition I changed the switch about a month or two ago.

p3230 08-25-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 507811)
Good suggestions already but to add to that. When you said you dried it out, did you take the floor carpet completely out to dry it? The insulation on the bottom of the floor carpet is a sponge that won't dry out unless you yank it out and hang it for a couple days. The moisture from that carpet might have corroded your immobilizer again. it's real easy to check the immobilizer without removing the seat from the car.

Yes I did I pulled the carpet up I sucked all the water out of the bottom of the car I put the vacuum to the foam also I let it dry for three weeks while I was gone and then I reinstalled the immobilizer and that's when I noticed that all these things were not working. So if anybody has any clue as to what I could do I'm open to suggestions.

stelan 08-26-2016 09:44 PM

The wet inmobilizer could have killed your ignition switch again, check it out before blaming the repaired inmo.

p3230 08-27-2016 01:59 AM

Is there a way to verify if the switch is good.

Steve Tinker 08-27-2016 05:08 PM

No - but at only a few $$, its probably best to replace it, just to make sure .....
Use the search function for the part # and how to.

p3230 08-29-2016 04:50 AM

As of Saturday night I went for a ride with the top down tried to raise the windows as I was driving back home and no joy the windows don't come up anymore, so yesterday I unbolted the seat again disconnected the battery took out the immobilizer cleaned and sanded the ground replaced the fuse on the immobilizer and now the car won't start. Now I can't even open the trunks front or back so I guess it's back to removing the inner fender.