Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #1

Newbie Help

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but my wife's 02 986-s 6SP (38k miles) is having intermittent problem of not being able to shift into 2nd gear with the clutch fully depressed to the floor while engine's hot or cold. It can happen when first drive out in AM or during a long trip.

We can get around shift it from 1st to 3rd and back to 2nd. Not sure if dealer can diagnose the problem since it can't be duplicated. Does anyone know what gives?

Cheers,
TP.

avgj0e986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #2

whatever happened to the world where mechanics learned why things happen and actually believed customers when they said, "my car does this..."? imagine if your doctor could only diagnose chest pain if you could actually prove to him you had pain in your chest - cuz for the life of me, i never feel pain when i touch somebodies chest, but thank god for that patient, i can diagnose why they are having pain! as a test, though, maybe i'll start telling people that i need them to duplicate the pain or the bleeding!

sorry, just a rant during your thread - good luck finding a solution. my recommendation, stay away from the dealer and find a local, private certified porsche mechanic to investigate the problem
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #3

It's still under warranty so dealer is my best option for now. I just thought if I know the sollution so I can tell them just in case they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

TP.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
olly986

welcome to the boxster 2nd gear problem, usually this happens when cold i am surprise that it is still hapening when hot, just as a matter do you have a short shift gear knob fitted or standard one, maybe if it is a short one the cables were not fitted properly? just an idea!
Old 06-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986
welcome to the boxster 2nd gear problem, usually this happens when cold i am surprise that it is still hapening when hot, just as a matter do you have a short shift gear knob fitted or standard one, maybe if it is a short one the cables were not fitted properly? just an idea!
No mods done on the car.

Cheers,
TP.