Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

First Porsche need held please

Hello everyone.

really happy with my first Porsche i got a black 2004 boxster with 100,000 with full service history. the issue im having is that the drivers side window seems to have 2 issues and im pretty sure they are related.

1. the window doesnt drop when opening the door. from both inside and outside handles
2. the window will open when i press the button to fully shut it. the first time I press the up button it goes all the way up and then goes halfway down straight away. the second time it goes up and stays up.

its had a new regulator fitted in the last month I'm just wondering if it was fitted wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated ill try and get a video up of the issue tomorrow (as its 2am here)

Slowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
Run

My guess would be a micro switch on the handles. Or is could be the door latch assembly mine had all kinds of odd issues with the windows I replaced the switches without any luck and then the door latch assembly and my issue went away. You could try a switch out of the other door for a quick option to see if thats the issue.
Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
Try resetting the window. Run the window all the way down and then run it up until it stops and hold the button for 5 seconds. Do each window separately. The system sometimes needs to be reset.

The windows are supposed to drop +/-4 inches when you start to open the top. There are switches in the top latch, brake handle, inside and outside door handles plus the dash switch to operate the top. German engineering running wild.

rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
regulator , window