986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   porsche tunning chip (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61869)

mariosp 06-03-2016 01:03 PM

porsche tunning chip

Hello friends,
I hope you are doing well as well as your Porsche!

I found that link on web regarding a tunning chip on obdII input of the car connected with mobile app and some driving selection modes, and I would like to share it with the group in order to get some feedback if anyone have tried it before

Web Site Blocked

Thank you

Marios

JFP in PA 06-03-2016 02:04 PM

I would pay good money to see someone take a stock 986 S and get 39 additional horsepower out of it on a dyno by connecting some device to the OBD II port. This is compete nonsense, and also seems to come without any valid explanation of how it does this magic trick other than "modifies the engine's factory settings responsible for fuel injections and ignition timing advance in order to maximize power and torque."

What was it the P.T. Barnum said about a fool and his money?

BRAN 06-04-2016 01:11 AM

The want is STRONG,
but why didn't they include an obdII reader + throttle response for a perfect all in one solution...:rolleyes:
we should crowd fund raise a test sample and check it on a dyno :D

from their website:
Is it at all possible for this chip to damage my car?
No, the RSchip exploits untapped resources. The RSchip runs its own software that communicates with the ECU and modifies fuel maps safely. It reads the ECU and only the ECU's fuel and timing values are the subject to change. The chip will not affect any other electronic systems such as dashboard displays, safety features, etc. We advise you to check your oil level and serpentine belt before you install it.

Can I install the RSchip without any mechanical knowledge?
Of course, RSchip takes about 30 minutes to install. Our video will show you step-by-step installation. In addition, you can use an interactive Wiring Scheme Calculator on our website. However, if you are not sure, you should seek professional help. Your local mechanic will be happy to assist you.

After installation of RSchip, I can’t feel any power improvements. What should I do?
The final calibration of RSchip occurs after 200 kilometers. If after 200 km you do not feel any changes, simply re-calibrate your chip. Recalibration is also required I cases when your battery has been drained or removed.
:rolleyes:

Smallblock454 06-04-2016 02:39 AM

It's always very interesting where these multi billion dollar companies with their big development centers and dynos are located. :D

Link Google Maps: Click

Regards, Markus

mariosp 06-04-2016 04:34 AM

So guys!!!

Its quite interesting to research for that chip????

jdraupp 06-04-2016 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariosp (Post 498437)
So guys!!!

Its quite interesting to research for that chip????

It's junk and you should stop peddling it here.

Dlirium 06-04-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallblock454 (Post 498434)
It's always very interesting where these multi billion dollar companies with their big development centers and dynos are located. :D

Link Google Maps: Click

Regards, Markus

LOL, Condos! :-)

Yeah, pretty elaborate scam tho...Reminds me of the x-ray glasses and sea monkeys from the back of comic books years ago.

Timco 06-04-2016 09:29 AM

I must find these untapped resources!!!

rick3000 06-04-2016 09:48 AM

You know a red clip (PN:986.504.986.00) is much more cost effective, it will add +10HP for about $5!
I've got the research to prove it.

In all seriousness, there are no quick or cheap ways to add HP to a 986. The closest might be an underdrive pulley. Most 'tuning chips' are complete junk.

mariosp 06-04-2016 01:42 PM

thanks all for your replies !! always are appriciated!