Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 02:34 AM   #1

Still learning

Still learning the idiosyncrasies of the 986 engine. I keep getting the following pesky CEL codes:
P410, P411 & P1411. I contacted my indy repair shop and they said they are O2 sensor related and not to worry.
A. Is this a true statement?
B. If it is, which sensors needs replacing?
C. If sensors require replacement, would buying (used ones i.e. from Woody) work?

I've searched the forum and see plenty of discussions of these codes, but not how to remedy them.

Please advise.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:47 AM   #2
Beginner

Garage
Replacing O2 sensors idseasy, and used from Woody should work. To make sure the sensors are toast you could look at the sensor output which requires a tool such as the Durametric, but simply replacing the sensors should suffice. You can google the codes to determine exactly which sensor needs replacement.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Garage
My car throws these codes occasionally, I just reset them and it wont come back on again for months. Far as I know they are secondary air induction and could be one of three components. Its part of smog and reduces emissions untill the cats heat up and operating efficiently. Basically its a failure of components that make your car exhaust cleaner till its warmed up. Far as I know these have nothing to do with O2 sensors.

TypeA is offline   Reply With Quote