986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Good Karma for Woody (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61400)

coreseller 04-27-2016 02:02 PM

Good Karma for Woody

I meant to post this a few weeks back but frankly forgot since I don't come here much.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Woody for helping me out on some seat rails!!!!!!!

His prices were more than fair and shipping very quick, Thanks Again Woody.........Mark.

GTA_G20 04-27-2016 03:46 PM

I was actually thinking of creating an appreciation thread for this guy too

I needed a slew of parts, considered buying a 987 and he made me a great deal on parts, deal fell through and he still helped me with the parts for my 986.

Best part of my experience, HE SENT MY ITEMS and PAID POSTAGE before I had sent him a payment for anything!!!! I did send my payment immediately

THIS IS ONE HELLUVA GUY. Woody I appreciate you and thank you for your kindness and willingness to help. You are 100% a benefit to the boxster community!!!

itsnotanova 04-27-2016 04:06 PM

Thanks a lot guys! I've been kind of slow lately and I was starting to think maybe I wasn't meeting people's expectations. I really try hard to make you guys happy with my services. I know I can't please everyone, but I try.

coreseller 04-27-2016 04:44 PM

In memory of TO:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dv8tVxk6Nj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rexcramer 04-27-2016 05:49 PM

+1 for Woody from me also.

Pdwight 04-27-2016 06:16 PM

We would be lost without you Woody

GaryMulcahey 04-27-2016 07:44 PM

Woody is a stand up guy. I wouldn't think twice about having to deal with him again.

G

stelan 04-27-2016 08:32 PM

Hell yes, Woody even offered me an entire car if needed to develop the targa top!

Deserion 04-27-2016 11:20 PM

More props for Woody. Excellent guy to deal with. :D

steved0x 04-28-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 493626)
Thanks a lot guys! I've been kind of slow lately and I was starting to think maybe I wasn't meeting people's expectations. I really try hard to make you guys happy with my services. I know I can't please everyone, but I try.

That's crazy talk, I know I have called/texted in a panic on a Sunday afternoon 2-3 times and you always had the part ready and shipped out first thing Monday morning. Example - the eccentric bolts for rear camber adjustment that had the eccentric washer spin on the bolt at some point in the past. Got them and got my bad one replaced in time for my track weekend, thank you!

Steve

Muzzle of Bees 04-28-2016 10:06 AM

Woody is always my first choice for sourcing parts. When you first meet Woody its like you have known him forever. It is also nice that he is close. I have some land out that way too. I can get my 4 wheel fix in that way.
Then usually our sponsor here is next for new parts. You know Pelican.

Toppy986 05-04-2016 02:28 PM

Woody sent me top transmissions off a 2000 to up my drive system to the new style, they arrived quickly and well packaged, I got them installed today and they work great. Thank you for what you do Woody

itsnotanova 05-04-2016 07:51 PM

Thanks for the extra karma, but it's not working. I almost totaled my boxster tonight and I'm too embarrassed to say what happen right now. Lets just say my black wheels are going into the scrap pile

911monty 05-04-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 494664)
Thanks for the extra karma, but it's not working. I almost totaled my boxster tonight and I'm too embarrassed to say what happen right now. Lets just say my black wheels are going into the scrap pile

Wheels are replaceable, ego will heal. Glad you're alright.

Reebuck1 05-05-2016 05:18 AM

Glad you are OK Woody.........it is humbling learning how to control that extra power!!

jb92563 05-05-2016 05:50 AM

Porsche Performance Driving School, well worth the ~$325 and if it saves you even 1 rim, or avoid some accident its more than paid for itself, plus its just plain great fun.

Most Drivers cannot drive their 986 to its full potential, or use its great handling to avoid accidents and road hazards without some specific Porsche training.

It will make a night and day difference in most folks driving skills.

It might even get you a discount on your insurance.

Its also kinda fun to drive the car to its limit in the twisties and see the Honda trying to keep up behind you go into the dirt or a guard rail. :eek:
I've seen than happen more than a few times and I'm starting to feel a little sorry for them now.
Before the course I almost put my Boxster into the guardrail at the same place and thats what made me decide to take the course as I obviously did not know how to drive the car to its potential.

Glad your OK Woody.
When ever something breaks its time for an upgrade, driver and car :D

batshapedheart 05-05-2016 05:59 AM

Woody is great, but now I'm definitely in awe, he had an accident last night, yet he replied to my message within minutes regarding my order this morning.
Woody you are the best! :cheers:

itsnotanova 05-05-2016 05:47 PM

LOL, Thanks for your concerns but it wasn't my driving skills. Not that I couldn't use some lessons though. I'm still too embarrassed to say what happen yet. Sorry but I need some more time or stiff drinks for my ego to heal.

coreseller 05-06-2016 05:35 PM

Stuff happens Woody, we've all been there. Your straightforwardness regarding your handling of business says all.

P.S. My guess is forgetting to tighten lug nuts...................I've done worse.

seningen 05-06-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 494664)

Don't lift, Don't lift......

I'm sure you have spares.... :-)

m