Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #1

O'Reilly Auto Parts has the H6W bulb for $30

Parking light went out last night and figured instead of ordering the part I'd go to O'Reilly just down the street to get a simple light bulb. The parts guy was a little embarrassed to say the price and after telling me $30 he lowered the price to $24. I'm like is there something special about it because I have the litronic headlights? From what I could tell no. I'd did a quick search and found a local parts house has them for $3.50. I showed the part guy and said thank but no thanks. Is this a Porsche/litronic tax or just someone thinking people are stupid?

89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM   #2

Garage
Probably just the cost of stocking the part. There are a lot of parts like that you'd think would be cheap but auto parts retailers jack up the price for convenience. It's why I don't patronize them for hardly anything.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

It does have those offset posts.....

$25 at Porsche.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #4

Garage
I don't have litronics, but recently converted to LED and went through this "Porsche" pricing at the local big box autoparts stores near me.
I found ******************************** online and it'll save you $$$
H6W sylvania bulbs at 3.24ea.

http://www.********************************************** **************/search/product.aspx?partnumber=N10445502&utm_source=google&utm_medium=nonpaid&utm_campaign=frooglePN&utm_term=H6W&crossref=H6W&gclid=CjwKEAjwxce4BRDE2dG4ueLArHMSJADStCqMULcskJsb VwG8CycwH5TIZIj2FRgIM5euzVJin9S95xoCHcHw_wcB
Buy spares and enjoy!

Chaiyz
Old 04-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #5

Garage
Wow, is the CIA reviewing posts? I posted both direct and indirect links to ********************************AZ and mentioned the name and both are now redacted in my post? Are we not allowed to post links? What about mentioning ********************************az? Is this post going to be censored as well?

search google for the bulb part, auto haus AZ.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:50 PM   #6

Garage
Why can the poster mention O'reilly's but I can't even mention AUTO then add house but spell it in german or haus. Censor that.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #7
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiyz View Post
Why can the poster mention O'reilly's but I can't even mention AUTO then add house but spell it in german or haus. Censor that.
It's been discussed before. It's Pelican's direct competition but I guess Auto Atlanta doesn't sell enough similar items.

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote