Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #1

Hi to forum, I've a question to ask.

Hi guys, first post on the forum so hello to everyone and I would like some help. I've just recently bought a 2002 Boxster S, which I'm more than chuffed with owning, however the car is 13 years old and some bits arent as good as they should be. The first significant project (after fixing some parts that broke, alternator, tyres) is to sort out the lights. I would like to get some brighter lights i.e LED, HID etc. All I know is that my front main beam light bulbs look like small house hold light bulbs, think they're halogen, but not so bright I have some LED replacement units saved on eBay for the rear, costing about £150 for the pair. I live in the country so there's no street lights so improved lighting is very important. I would appreciate any information, dealers thoughts on what to do, websites etc. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

chrisham343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #2

Garage
Search the internet & read as much as you can
Old 02-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #3

Welcome, we all work on our cars a lot...BTW your car is 15 years old.....LOL

Good to have you with us

Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #4

1. Litronics were a Porsche solution but got very expensive and aren't just plugging in some bulbs. The optimum installation included some height adjustable mechanisms and some lens washing capability.
2. Are your lenses clear or clouded?
3. Are there any restrictions/inspections imposed by where you live?
4. Higher powered bulbs can burn lenses.
5. LEDs don't generate enough heat to melt snow/ice.

Search is your friend. The forum has a search function and it is rare you'll ask a question that hasn't been asked here before and the thread will give you insights from many posts including what they bought and how they worked out.

Welcome.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote