Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2016, 05:08 AM   #1

tiptronic leaks, preventive seal maint advice

i'm into my 99 boxster dealing with the standard package of leaks plus the ims.

replacing the coolant surge tank, ims, main seal and oil fill pipe. While the tiptronic is on the ground.....should i change some seals just to get it done while its easy??

i didn't study the filth very much before i started cleaning up the engine and trans, but i figure the 4 o-rings for the trans cooler are worth renewing while the transmission is out.

the big seal at the converter looks to be oil-tight, but i figure its worth changing now. should i replace the axle seals??
is it hard to reseal the connector for the electronics??

just want to get the car ready for a few years of no-leaks and no climbing under it.

any idea who's the tiptronic wizard?

i work at Bosch and am a transmission engineer of sorts, but don't have any history on this situation. car is a low mile 99. but it was absolutley filthy underneath. probably, mostly from the engine. i have a plan for all the engine leaks, just wondering if there's some preventive seal swapping i can do with the trans on the floor.

Thanks
RDscotty

RDscotty is offline   Reply With Quote