Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #1

Parts manufacturers of OEM Porsche parts

Guys,

Not sure if this has been posted but thought this link is very helpful to buy OEM parts without paying the "Porsche Tax".

Porsche OEM Parts - Original Equipment Manufacturer, 911, 944, 996, Boxster

Prelude Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #2

Sorry, but that list is a lot of bull****************.

Regards, Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 AM   #3

Garage
Agreed. There's a little known site called pelican parts that actually offers info on oe manufacturers as well as after market parts. Many of the makers the vertex site is listing as "oem porsche" aren't so. I'll stick with pelican for my parts thanks.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #4

Oh, I assumed it was a legit list. I know Behr, FAG, Hella, Billstein, and several others listed make OEM parts for BMW. I figured it was the same for Porsche.

I have heard of Pelican. I will check them out.
Prelude Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #5

Vertex is just fine, nothing wrong with them or the parts they sell.

For those who are not aware, Porsche is not in the business of making parts, they buy parts from manufacturers. Now I will say that when buying critical engine components I believe Porsche does some extra quality control such as engine bearings, but otherwise the parts are typically exactly alike and sometimes will even have the Porsche factory numbers on them.

Sure you can go to Porsche and buy a clutch kit directly and pay them like $1200 for it, or you can go buy a Sachs clutch kit who is the OE supplier for Porsche and pay half that. Open both boxes, same parts.
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterLS376 View Post
Sure you can go to Porsche and buy a clutch kit directly and pay them like $1200 for it, or you can go buy a Sachs clutch kit who is the OE supplier for Porsche and pay half that. Open both boxes, same parts.
If you're in the market for clutch kits, an even better option may be to get an LUK RepSet clutch kit. In mine (for 5-speed boxster base I just picked up), I found Sachs-branded clutch disc and pressure plate were inside, along with INA-branded throw out and transmission shaft guide bearings (although the clutch spline grease pack inside was actually LUK-branded ).