Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #1

adjustable rear suspension arms

I know these have been discussed on here before but I just noticed they are 10 % off. Seems like a decent price for the pair and they appear to be a similar style pivot joint as the OEM. Anyone have any recent feedback on these ? I know mine are shot and I'm close to pulling the trigger on these but would like to hear some real world feedback.

Porsche 986 987 Boxster Boxster s 97 10 Adjustable Rear Track Arm Arms | eBay

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:17 AM   #2

Someone on this forum must have some personal feedback on these .........don't be shy .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 12-28-2015, 02:46 AM   #3

Well, maybe the headline is misleading, because this will not adjust the rear suspension. It will make the rear alignment adjustable.

And because these are uniball parts, the noise driving comfort will decrease. More rattle from the rear. Good for racing, bad for street use.

Regards
Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:04 AM   #4

Heavier than stock. I'm running the front ones because the TRW are unobtainium. The rear TRW should be available cheaply and would be my first choice.

As for the noise, mine seam to make a small clunk when loading in either forward or reverse, then are quiet. My coffin arm central bushings need replacing so that may be the cause of the noise Quiet compared to the stock tired OEM ones they replaced...

Not particularly in love with the orange powder coat either and I ride a KTM.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:12 AM   #5

@WillH

The part numbers of front and back trailing arms are the same.
996 341 043 06

Regards
Markus
Old 12-28-2015, 03:24 AM   #6

OK so it sounds like not the best application for street use. Markus I appreciate the part number. Thanks guys .
Old 12-28-2015, 04:01 AM   #7

@rfuerst911sc

You're welcome. But please always recheck if the part numbers are valid for your car before you order something.

Regards
Markus