Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #1

Water leak at mirror

I tried to Load a photo but it would go from my iPhone. I have water leaking into the inside of my car onto the passenger door panel where the mirror is at the triangular interior piece that backs the mirror-is there some kind of a seal or gasket there? Any ideas

oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Bryan

I had this issue once as well. Back in the summer while I was highway speed in heavy rain, exactly the same issue happened to my '99, on the passenger side only. I haven't seen it since but I try not to drive it on rainy days. It seemed like such a random thing at the time I just dismissed it but I'd be interested to hear if anybody knows what causes this or if anybody else has even had this issue.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc-boxster View Post
I tried to Load a photo but it would go from my iPhone. I have water leaking into the inside of my car onto the passenger door panel where the mirror is at the triangular interior piece that backs the mirror-is there some kind of a seal or gasket there? Any ideas
There is a foam gasket.There are three pins that snap the piece in to place . One at each of the three corners. Might just nee a dab of removable sealant at the opening.
95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:33 AM   #4

I had a friend's box that was leaking in that area and after some closer investigation I realized it was leaking where the top meets the windshield frame and door window. Turned out that the door window needed adjusting because it wasn't going up all the way.