Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 03:55 AM   #1

Trip counter

Hi im a complete novice but I've bought a boxster with full history and love it ..Today I noticed the ""trip counter " had switched to a tempreture setting of + 5.000 c.....This could be harmless but I would a professional opinion off you guys ..thank you Matty

Mowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #2

Garage
Do you have the on-board computer Option?
You could tell if you have a second stalk under the turn indicator stalk
Old 12-03-2015, 05:54 AM   #3

Sorry I haven't a clue , the car is 17 yrs old ,basically it was telling me how much fuel in miles left just under the speedometer ,that for some reason has now changed to what the temperature is ?? Thank you
Mowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowey View Post
Sorry I haven't a clue , the car is 17 yrs old ,basically it was telling me how much fuel in miles left just under the speedometer ,that for some reason has now changed to what the temperature is ?? Thank you
How many stalks do you have on the steering wheel and what are their placements. Lower Left is usually the On Board Computer (OBC) which cycles through the items you mentioned - trip, fuel mileage, temp, miles to empty, etc.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowey View Post
If you had that then you have the obc stalk. Wipers and cruise control on right, turn signal on left and lower left stalk or control stick or thingamabob is for controlling your options on the obc or "on board computer". Look at your manual and you'll find out how it works to change options.

In case you aren't clear, everyone on the "986" forum has between an 11 and 17 year old car. Not that surprising.

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote