986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What dash face Is this? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59605)

pony13ca 11-25-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 474663)
What device is that? I had a Nexus 7 in my Jeep, a Galaxy Tab 7 in my Eclipse. And recently just removed a 8in Windows Tablet in tbe Porsche. But I wanted more Powahhhh for gaming and screen size.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

It's a first gen Nexus 7. Works really well. And you can get them used for a great price! I paid $60 for mine.

DarkStar 11-26-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony13ca (Post 474700)
It's a first gen Nexus 7. Works really well. And you can get them used for a great price! I paid $60 for mine.

We just got this one for the BMW for 130. 2nd gen 32 4glte. We didn't know it was the nice one till after we bought it yesterday.

Are you running the newest version 3 USB ROM? I can't get in touch with Timur and don't wanna pay if we never get software.

pony13ca 11-26-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 474721)
We just got this one for the BMW for 130. 2nd gen 32 4glte. We didn't know it was the nice one till after we bought it yesterday.

Are you running the newest version 3 USB ROM? I can't get in touch with Timur and don't wanna pay if we never get software.

No, I'm not running the USB ROM. I have the setup, in the video below. I use a program called Power Event Manager, that puts the tablet in airplane mode, and deep sleep, when I turn the car off, and wakes it up, when I start her up. Works great, and all the software is free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGD-BlnGo3c

DarkStar 11-26-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony13ca (Post 474739)
No, I'm not running the USB ROM. I have the setup, in the video below. I use a program called Power Event Manager, that puts the tablet in airplane mode, and deep sleep, when I turn the car off, and wakes it up, when I start her up. Works great, and all the software is free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGD-BlnGo3c

Oh, try Sony Smart Connect, it's a tad better. Also mated with a very small app called Sleep and, Stay On. I liked event manager because it allows multiple apps to be launched but it didn't work out well enough. That's what I'm using on my Tab S since there is no USB Rom Kernel for the Tab S, I've emailed Timur offering cash for the source code so I can have one of my developer buddies port it over. NOTHING beats it. I understand the Bs paying for it, I don't wanna pay for it, but it's well worth the 16us dollars. I ran it on my 1st Gen Nexus 7 in my Jeep, it's phenomenal on what it can do. It totally turns the tablet into an OEM car radio. Reverse camera, special mods to make it look like it came with the car from the factory.

Were going to purchase it for the 2013 and 2012 since I'm going to do a Fifield install on a G35 after this, guy is going to buy me the Fifield Dash Kit for my Tab S for doing his install. If your interested PM me and I'll email you the newest copy for yours if you Wanna play with it.

I've done soo many tablets lol, GT7", Kindle Fire 7 I was the leader of the OTG charging development, Kindle Fire HDX is awesome and fits the Porsche without any mods or kit, and is super powerful. Dell Venue 8 Pro was fun but not perfect for in the car without a front end.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

pony13ca 11-26-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 474746)
Oh, try Sony Smart Connect, it's a tad better. Also mated with a very small app called Sleep and, Stay On. I liked event manager because it allows multiple apps to be launched but it didn't work out well enough. That's what I'm using on my Tab S since there is no USB Rom Kernel for the Tab S, I've emailed Timur offering cash for the source code so I can have one of my developer buddies port it over. NOTHING beats it. I understand the Bs paying for it, I don't wanna pay for it, but it's well worth the 16us dollars. I ran it on my 1st Gen Nexus 7 in my Jeep, it's phenomenal on what it can do. It totally turns the tablet into an OEM car radio. Reverse camera, special mods to make it look like it came with the car from the factory.

Were going to purchase it for the 2013 and 2012 since I'm going to do a Fifield install on a G35 after this, guy is going to buy me the Fifield Dash Kit for my Tab S for doing his install. If your interested PM me and I'll email you the newest copy for yours if you Wanna play with it.

I've done soo many tablets lol, GT7", Kindle Fire 7 I was the leader of the OTG charging development, Kindle Fire HDX is awesome and fits the Porsche without any mods or kit, and is super powerful. Dell Venue 8 Pro was fun but not perfect for in the car without a front end.

I think I might have a copy of the 2012 USB ROM, for the second gen tablet, if you want it.

DarkStar 11-26-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony13ca (Post 474748)
I think I might have a copy of the 2012 USB ROM, for the second gen tablet, if you want it.

Do you know what release? I'd love that. Would save me some trouble in the future. I should have stayed on top of it but ever expected to mess with the N7 anymore.

pony13ca 11-26-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 474750)
Do you know what release? I'd love that. Would save me some trouble in the future. I should have stayed on top of it but ever expected to mess with the N7 anymore.

cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper

DarkStar 11-26-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony13ca (Post 474756)
cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper

Oh the most recent for it. Yes I'd love it man. If you need just email it to me jagray85@gmail.com. I'll upload it to my cloud to keep.

pony13ca 11-27-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 474760)
Oh the most recent for it. Yes I'd love it man. If you need just email it to me jagray85@gmail.com. I'll upload it to my cloud to keep.

Sent. Let me know if/when you get it.

lkchris 11-27-2015 01:44 PM

This thread is available under Porsche on Flipboard

pony13ca 11-27-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 474554)
I have a Galaxy Tab S 8.4. Used to have a nexus 7 running USB Rom in my Jeep. I want this dash panel because it's flat where the tablets Fifield Dash kit would have to be molded. The 3pc dash panel of the 01 is rounded so molding and sanding is a pita. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...1826c2f990.jpg
I'm positive I'll get it, but I'm changing things to use the Fifield Slidell Dash Kit so I'd rather it just work right.

How did you build this interface?

DarkStar 11-27-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony13ca (Post 474827)
How did you build this interface?

That is Kodi using the car PC touch skin and my Porsche design mods like the BoxsterS logo replacing the Kodi logo and the Porsche logo and Porsche backgrounds I designed. However Kodi doesn't work well with Android in car. It was made for the RaspberryPi. When shutting off car, it keeps playing unless it's a video. I've been trying to find ways to mod Kodi to pause/play playback of what it was on with a power event change, but it won't work.