Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #1

Wurth rim paint kit

I bought that German rim restoration kit from Wurth for my silver rims. I just wanted to write and say it worked great. I just touched up area and The match was perfect and the supplies were easy to use. Not even sure I am going to do the last step of compounding.
Whoever suggested using, thanks.

DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #2

More details please. Procedure, before and after photos?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #3

I was lucky, the aluminum was not dented or gouged. From all that I have seen, even that can be fixed with bondo if the gouge is not to bad. I just sanded down the areA but tried to keep as much as possible of the existing. Cleaned with cleaning spray provided. Then primed slightly overlapping the area being painted. Them sanded with 320. Painted going over the primer and slightly over existing paint. Then did same with clear. The kit came with everything. Cleaning, humidity and temperature are important. Matched perfectly. How well it holds, time will tell. Currently my best looking wheel and the others are not bad. There is tons of stuff on the internet. Google painting boxster rims.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Oh, as you sand; occasionally feel with your hand from different angles to test the shape.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply. I have major curb rash on all 4 wheels- gouges that need to be filled. Problem is wheels are polished aluminum - not painted, so I'm trying to figure out what material to use to fill the gouges and have it match the color.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:46 AM   #6

I would say either paint entire rim or bring to a professional to keep aluminum. Depending on how deep the gouges are, they might be able to buff out. The good thing about paint is you can mix it up with the color choice. Good luck. Google away, your situation has probably been covered a 1000 times.