Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #1

Halogen-beam headlight lenticular lens removal

Hi folks,

I'm curious if anyone has tried removing the plastic lenticular lens sheet in a 986/996 halogen headlight setup, which are known to develop unsightly burned/brown marks in their old age?

If anyone has tried it (while still rocking the original low-beam reflectors), I'd love to hear about how it turned out, and see pictures of what the headlight itself looked like, as well as how it affected the headlight beam pattern.

I know everyone who does an HID projector conversion is removing these lenticular sheets - I'm just curious if anyone's tried it while continuing to use the original low-beam reflectors.

Last edited by jakeru; 11-07-2015 at 10:54 AM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #2

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
Hi folks,

I'm curious if anyone has tried removing the plastic lenticular lens sheet in a 986/996 halogen headlight setup, which are known to develop unsightly burned/brown marks in their old age?

If anyone has tried it (while still rocking the original low-beam reflectors), I'd love to hear about how it turned out, and see pictures of what the headlight itself looked like, as well as how it affected the headlight beam pattern.

I know everyone who does an HID projector conversion is removing these lenticular sheets - I'm just curious if anyone's tried it while continuing to use the original low-beam reflectors.

Why keep an old product that does not work and will just burn up again ?

I found the inner lens clips very easy to break I doubt it would be easy to find a new replacement lens

Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote