986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Has anybody had good luck with these? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59403)

Perfectlap 11-10-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG (Post 473043)
Yea, spend $$$ to make a $6 part

Then again, it is useful for lots of stuff

we need a just kidding emoticon. But I've been trying to come up with a list of things I would make myself with a 3D printer if I could. So far I only have Samurai sword.

JayG 11-10-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 473047)
we need a just kidding emoticon. But I've been trying to come up with a list of things I would make myself with a 3D printer if I could. So far I only have Samurai sword.

well, if you were Timco's neighbor, you could make a pistol LOL

And no, I am not ragging on Tim :matchup:

DarkStar 11-11-2015 11:02 AM

I wasn't Kidding. 1c part. Easy to put in, easy to slide back and out.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...82810a1dab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

JayG 11-11-2015 11:06 AM

You really just need to push in the microswitch with your finger while turning the car off to fool it that the top is up. No need to have anything in there all the time.

Frodo 11-12-2015 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG (Post 473019)
Yes and you will get a single horn beep to let you know something is not closed

Not so sure about this. As I often do, I took my dog to work with me yesterday (I'm a vet :) ), and I made a quick stop at a grocery store on the way home. Without thinking, I left him in the passenger seat, with the top up and latched and the car locked. When I came out, the car alarm was blaring, lights flashing. The center console? Unlocked.

tommy583 11-12-2015 05:02 AM

Was the center console closed? I don't think it needs to be locked, just closed until it clicks

JayG 11-12-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 473310)
Not so sure about this. As I often do, I took my dog to work with me yesterday (I'm a vet :) ), and I made a quick stop at a grocery store on the way home. Without thinking, I left him in the passenger seat, with the top up and latched and the car locked. When I came out, the car alarm was blaring, lights flashing. The center console? Unlocked.

If the top was up, latched and the car locked, the alarm was activated. It's not surprising the alarm was blaring as movement from the dog would cause that.

The center console does not need to be locked, just latched.

jdraupp 11-12-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 473310)

If you lock it twice I believe that deactivated the motion sensors. It's in the manual anyway

Frodo 11-12-2015 11:47 AM

So confusing…top up/down? Console cubby latched/unlatched? Locked/unlocked? TWICE locked??

The funny thing? He’s 14 years old, deaf as a door nail…slept through the whole process, oblivious. :p

JayG 11-12-2015 11:58 AM

maybe this will clear it up

in order for the alarm to arm, all door closed, frunk closed and latched, trunk closed and latched, glove box closed and latched, center console closed and latched and the top up and latched. the center console and glove box do not need to be locked

if you click the remote 1 time, it will lock the car and arm the alarm. The parking lights flash twice, no horn beep

if the top is down, the same, but it will not arm the alarm

If anything above is not latched, 1 click will lock the car, but not arm the alarm and in addition to the double parking light flash, the horn will beep

If you double click, it will lock the car and not arm the alarm. You get double light flash and a horn beep

If the top is down and you have the red clip (or a penny) inserted, it fools the system to think the top is up and latched and will arm the alarm assuming everything is latched.
You can also fool the system by pushing the microswitch in the top latch and hold it there until the windows come up and then turn off the car. You can then remove your finger

All of this except for the red clip/penny/finger is in the manual

Capisce ?

as far as your old dog being deaf, well it sounds like he has has a good life

Frodo 11-12-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG (Post 473373)

Capisce ?

as far as your old dog being deaf, well it sounds like he has has a good life

Got it, Thanks. And yes, he has.