986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autel Maxidiag MD702 (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59181)

joecal 10-17-2015 07:24 AM

Autel Maxidiag MD702

Autel Maxidiag Elite MD702 Alle Systeme OBD2 Diagnosegerät Tool Deutsche Version | eBay

I just bought this to clear my airbag light that's been on since I bought the car a few months ago. It says it's in German, but I should be able to change the language I hope or have to learn German,lol. I'll let you know how it works out, it was a good deal I think and half the price of the Autel MD802.

hancock1701 10-21-2015 10:30 AM

I bought the MD802, and it did clear my airbag light. I also used it for live data. It'd be useful to know that this one can clear airbag light too

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

joecal 10-21-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hancock1701 (Post 470576)
I bought the MD802, and it did clear my airbag light. I also used it for live data. It'd be useful to know that this one can clear airbag light too

I will let you know, I haven't gotten it yet. I should have it next week hopefully. I was looking at the MD802 also, but I thought I'd try this one it says it will clear the airbag light. I'll check the code first and see why it came on and correct that if I can.

Pdwight 10-21-2015 07:37 PM

Anyone tried one of these ?

Launch X431 Creader VII 7 OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tool Code Reader Engine ABS | eBay

I have a Durametric, but I also have other cars...wondering if these are for real.

They can be had for as little as $140 USD now

joecal 10-22-2015 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pdwight (Post 470616)
Launch X431 Creader VII 7 OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tool Code Reader Engine ABS | eBay

I have a Durametric, but I also have other cars...wondering if these are for real.

That's a great price if it works as stated, it's probably worth a shot.

hancock1701 10-22-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pdwight (Post 470616)

I bought that one too. It's nice for the price. I got it to clear my airbag light, and it couldn't. I'm pretty sure it might be able to access airbag/SRS subsystem on other makes, but not Porsche. I also updated it according to the instruction. When I plugged it in and chose SRS, it said not supported for this make. That's when I had to send it back and stepped up to the Autel 802

joecal 11-12-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hancock1701 (Post 470734)
I bought that one too. It's nice for the price. I got it to clear my airbag light, and it couldn't. I'm pretty sure it might be able to access airbag/SRS subsystem on other makes, but not Porsche. I also updated it according to the instruction. When I plugged it in and chose SRS, it said not supported for this make. That's when I had to send it back and stepped up to the Autel 802

That's good to know. I just received mine today but they shipped the wrong one. I received an Autel EU702 instead of the Autel MD702 and the EU702 it doesn't work on Porsches.

Just an update, I received the Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD702 and it did turn off my airbag light. It said it was the drivers seat belt buckle causing the code. I'll see if the code re-appears but so far so good and it's very easy to use. I paid about $148.00 for it on ebay.