986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How not to start the day (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59109)

herve_g 10-11-2015 05:50 AM

How not to start the day

Step 1 - Wake up happy, well rested after a great evening with friends
Step 2 - Go to your car for a drive
Step 3 - Find out that someone tried to break your window...
Step 4 - Assess the damage

Either someone tried to break the window to check if I left something in the car (nothing of value) or just because of jealousy... I'm quite pissed.

There are some pretty big scuff marks and impacts on the window, I doubt it can be fixed. I'll have to look into buying a new place with my own garage :mad:

Jamesp 10-11-2015 06:50 AM

Sorry to hear that. If it is a side window you can likely get one reasonably priced from Woody

Timco 10-11-2015 07:16 AM

Jealousy.

I've had a mostly empty drink thrown in my car like its a trash can.

DWBOX2000 10-11-2015 09:16 AM

That stinks. Some people just really blow. When I bought my car and changed the air filter, there was a plastic lunch bag size of confetti jammed in there. Did I say that some people blow?

Good luck with it.
David

itsnotanova 10-11-2015 09:31 AM

pics? I had one guy who bought a top from me because someone sliced the canvas to get in.

pony13ca 10-12-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesp (Post 469490)
Sorry to hear that. If it is a side window you can likely get one reasonably priced from Woody

+1. Woody has great price and ships really quickly. Shipping to Canada is a little expensive, but still well below what we would have to pay for the part up here!! Jealousy sucks!!!

dghii 10-12-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 469503)
pics? I had one guy who bought a top from me because someone sliced the canvas to get in.

That's terrible. I can't imagine what it would be like to think its ok to steal or vadalize.

Hang in there. It'll be good as new.

schnellman 10-13-2015 05:35 AM

Was in Amsterdam a couple of years ago with some PCA friends. One guy left the top off his Targa all day without incident. When we went to supper he put the tops on and when we came out someone had broken a window. You can never tell. A lot of jerks out there.

herve_g 10-13-2015 03:53 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
I tried taking pictures but it doesn't really show very well. You have to see the window for yourself.

Anyway, I'll try with a windshield repair kit, see if I can fix the biggest chips. If it works, I'll try polishing the window. Worst case scenario it doesn't look good and then I'll buy a new passenger window

JayG 10-13-2015 06:03 PM

Your insurance should cover it.