Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #1

No Speeding Ticket Here

I was cruising across Missouri on 36 just west of St Joseph. I got behind four trucks and a car. Typical lineup, making it impossible to pass as you come up on them. I waited for a long downhill where I could see a mile ahead and punched the gas. Passed them all easily, and pulled back into my lane. Just in time to shoot past one of Missouri's finest. He pulled out behind me and followed me for a couple of miles. Seemed like standard procedure. He then lit me up as I knew he would. He said he clocked me at 106. I don't know if it was my veteran plates, my good looks, or what. But, he came back to the car, handed me my license and told me to slow down. Not even a warning ticket. I'm still in shock. I thought he might be getting ready to have my Box confiscated for reckless driving or something.

schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
You should have stopped by. I'm right near 36 & I29.
Lucky you...
Old 08-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Garage
Wow, did 106 seem accurate? Thanks for sharing, nice to hear some good interactions every once in a while. I'm not sure it had anything to do with any of the reasons you mentioned but he did probably take you trying to get around traffic into account.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #4

Garage
Wow. It's crazy how easily these cars pull from 75 to 100. A bit of gas to pass someone when already going 75 and you are at 100 in no time. He must have accounted for the passing and passed it off as just some autobahn driving.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Wow, did 106 seem accurate? Thanks for sharing, nice to hear some good interactions every once in a while. I'm not sure it had anything to do with any of the reasons you mentioned but he did probably take you trying to get around traffic into account.
Actually, my GPS said I hit 110. But, who am I to argue?
Old 08-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
Certified Boxster Addict

Glad to hear that he gave you a "pass"!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
I was cruising across Missouri on 36 just west of St Joseph. I got behind four trucks and a car. Typical lineup, making it impossible to pass as you come up on them. I waited for a long downhill where I could see a mile ahead and punched the gas. Passed them all easily, and pulled back into my lane. Just in time to shoot past one of Missouri's finest. He pulled out behind me and followed me for a couple of miles. Seemed like standard procedure. He then lit me up as I knew he would. He said he clocked me at 106. I don't know if it was my veteran plates, my good looks, or what. But, he came back to the car, handed me my license and told me to slow down. Not even a warning ticket. I'm still in shock. I thought he might be getting ready to have my Box confiscated for reckless driving or something.

My Disabled Veteran plate has saved my butt on several occasions.The LEO's usually tell me to slow down.Normally I do mot speed,LOL.but the car seems to have a mind of its own and hard to keep it at posted speeds.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:42 AM   #8

Here in BC that would have cost you a roadside impoundment for 7 days + fees and costs amounting to thousands.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Here in BC that would have cost you a roadside impoundment for 7 days + fees and costs amounting to thousands.
Seems to me some of the guys in Virginia have said they impound cars there, too.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:05 AM   #10
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
Seems to me some of the guys in Virginia have said they impound cars there, too.
With that and the "super speeder" tickets in Georgia, it keeps my I-95 travels in those parts to speed limit or 5 over maximum. I don't need for my insurance to go up (it's low enough now, but still).
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #11

In Arizona anything 20 over and it's a misdemeanor. Fortunately most of the open highways the speed limit is 75.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #12

25 over the limit in the hot and humid state of Texas and you're going to jail, your car is impounded, and well, your wife is not going to be happy with you or the silly excuses you came up with to justify all of the above on the looooooong drive home from the jail.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #13

Garage
Rule No1. For any car guy. NEVER EVER speed in VA unless it's on VIR.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote