Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #1

Ocap lower control arms

I checked back today at the pelican parts site to see if they had any new stock of TRW lower control arms and noticed they list a new supplier. Has anyone heard of OCAP? They are listed at about half the price of the TRW arms. My car is only for street use but still want a quality part that will last and work well.

oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:54 AM   #2

I've never heard of OCAP brand before. FCPEuro also has Meyle brand control arms that are cheaper than TRW. I've used their brake parts before, and they were fine. But the price difference between Meyle and TRW (from PelicanParts) is not that much, might as well get TRW. You're in California, so might be able to save on tax when buy from out of state (such as FCPEuro).
hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock1701 View Post
I've never heard of OCAP brand before. FCPEuro also has Meyle brand control arms that are cheaper than TRW. I've used their brake parts before, and they were fine. But the price difference between Meyle and TRW (from PelicanParts) is not that much, might as well get TRW. You're in California, so might be able to save on tax when buy from out of state (such as FCPEuro).
Thanks for the info, I'll check the site you listed. My Indy mechanic will only supply factory parts at almost 400.00 each. But if I supply the parts he will install with no warranty on parts. I'll take my chances and source my own and save some money.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #4

Thanks for the help. Just ordered 4 Meyle arms for 559.00 including shipping. If they are good quality that's a great price
Old 07-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #5

You could check out their Meyle website. They seem like an established company with a history to me. Also, for your record, I usually check FCP Euro and ECS Tuning because they have very good pricing, and they're not based in California (good for us)!

Here's the link to ECS Tuning with similar pricing to FCP
2001 Porsche Boxster Roadster H6 2.7L Suspension Control Arm - ECS Tuning

I think they even have Meyle arms cheaper than FCP Euro.
hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc-boxster View Post
Thanks for the help. Just ordered 4 Meyle arms for 559.00 including shipping. If they are good quality that's a great price
I got a full set of Meyle lower arms fitted a few months ago. They have been fine. They normally have a 2 year warranty and seem to be good quality.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-911-996-BOXSTER-986-CAYMAN-987-LOWER-FRONT-REAR-CONTROL-ARM-C638-/190843000928

Last edited by Fatbloke; 07-28-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
I got a full set of Meyle lower arms fitted a few months ago. They have been fine. They normally have a 2 year warranty and seem to be good quality.

PORSCHE 911 996 BOXSTER 986 CAYMAN 987 LOWER FRONT REAR CONTROL ARM C638 | eBay
Thanks for the help
Old 12-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #8

Garage
I just ordered a pair of the lower control arms from OCAP today for 88$ each! I will give feedback when the car will be back on the road next spring!!
lucoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:46 AM   #9

My Indy surprisingly uses some off the shelf NAPA parts. I don`t track the car , With a 140 khms why put on top of the line ? The ones that came off were OEM. I don`t think I will wear these ones out. There fine and true. Did an alignment and good to go will and $ in my pocket.
I think they are Meyle.

95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote