Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

Funky Windows...

While waiting for some parts to come in for Rocky I'm helping out a friend with his '01. The day he bought this '01 it was raining, hard. Everything worked fine. Got it home and suddenly no start, funky electric gremlins blah blah blah. The immobilizer got wet. But after popping it and bagging it in rice for a few days he was able to get everything working again. Except the windows. We swapped switches between both our cars and everything works fine in mine but not his. We swapped relays, again everything fine in mine but not his. Picked up an immobilizer while we were at Hershey back in April swapped it into his and HIS WINDOWS WORK! Car wont start but the windows work.

So here's the question... How do we program this Immobilizer to his car? Can we do it with a Durametric (we have access to one) or does this have to be done by the dealer? A shop that we use on occasion says they can do it but will be an hourly charge and they have to get some codes from the dealer and it would be several hours. That sounds like shop code for they really don't want to bother with it.