Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 03:07 AM   #1

Garage
** roof help **

Hi all, the roof on my 2003 2.7 has started to sag a little under the glass rear window, on investigation it seems that the double sided tape that's used to attach the fabric to the frame seems to have detached. Has anyone any experience of a repair to this potential problem. The roof is in good condition and there are no signs of improper folding and she's still waterproof, just like to address the problem before it potentially gets worse.

Thanks in advance.
Si.

SKOOSH1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
http://images.wikia.com/boxster/images/e/eb/DIY_Boxster_Conv_Top_Canvas_R_R.pdf
Porsche Boxster Glass Window Convertible Top Installation - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article

Both touch on the area where the double-sidex tape goes. There is a specific 3M part for this so it works without being bulky (as with foam tape). There was another how-to I used when I did this repair on mine, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:57 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserion View Post
http://images.wikia.com/boxster/images/e/eb/DIY_Boxster_Conv_Top_Canvas_R_R.pdf
Porsche Boxster Glass Window Convertible Top Installation - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article

Both touch on the area where the double-sidex tape goes. There is a specific 3M part for this so it works without being bulky (as with foam tape). There was another how-to I used when I did this repair on mine, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
Many thanks for the reply sir, much obliged and if you do stumble upon the other info, please do share it as I intend to try to repair this weekend.

SKOOSH1970 is offline   Reply With Quote