Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #1

Add daytime running lights to a 2007?

Hi
I have a 2007. I like the always-on LED running lights on the newer models. This place, Carid, sells add on led kits. Has anyone installed them? I would not attempt if it requires a lot of disassembly and wiring, but if its easy, like snap-on easy, I'll go for it.

Lumen® - LED Daytime Running Lights

lurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #2

I bought my '06 in the US and brought it to Canada where daytime running lights are required. Porsche can turn on that option easily, nothing to buy.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #3

Hi pierre, did you have porsche install the lights or do it yourself? I'm trying to get a handle on if I can do this myself.
lurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #4

They do it by making a change on the car's computer. Nothing to install.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #5

And daytime running lights mean 7% fewer accidents for the cars using them.