Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #1

ticking clutch/flywheel

I had my clutch and flywheel replaced about 1500 miles ago while getting the TuneRS DOF. About half the time, when engaging the clutch without much throttle, such as maneuvering to park, I can hear a ticking that goes away when I depress the clutch again. I've also discovered that upon partially engaging the clutch and holding it in that position the noise continues indefinitely. When accelerating from a stop with throttle or changing gears while on the move, I can't hear it. I have heard that aftermarket clutches can be noisier than stock, but both the new flywheel and clutch are OEM. Any ideas?

bertamus47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertamus47 View Post
I had my clutch and flywheel replaced about 1500 miles ago while getting the TuneRS DOF. About half the time, when engaging the clutch without much throttle, such as maneuvering to park, I can hear a ticking that goes away when I depress the clutch again. I've also discovered that upon partially engaging the clutch and holding it in that position the noise continues indefinitely. When accelerating from a stop with throttle or changing gears while on the move, I can't hear it. I have heard that aftermarket clutches can be noisier than stock, but both the new flywheel and clutch are OEM. Any ideas?
Did you, by any chance, replace the flywheel with a light weight flywheel? A friend of mine did that on his Cayman and it produces the same noise you're describing and it's normal.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

No supposedly both the clutch and flywheel were stock parts. Just want to make sure there wasnt any installer error or part defect.

bertamus47 is offline   Reply With Quote