Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #1

Talking new Boxster owner looking for a drawing/pattern of the center wind deflector

Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 2001 Boxster, absolutely love the car, but it is missing the center perspex deflector and i would like to make a replacement( I have a laser cutter, so this seems like a natural thing to be able to make)....would anyone here have patterns to an oem center piece that I could make use of..I also noticed that my driver side bracket is broken on the car so will need to replace this as well...any help would be greatly appreciated

986Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #2

Won't you need the bracket that holds the 'plastic' in place? And if you have the bracket, then you should just get your name on the list for one of Fred's sweet illuminated deflectors.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

It has two clips that fit into receivers on the roll bars and has an edge piece that makes it sit and seal to the leather on the roll bars. I'll post pics tomorrow. For summer top down its great. A sheet of paper will almost stay still right up to freeway speeds. It also has a dip where the top latch passes by.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #4

yes it will need the plastic "frame" that surrounds the clear part, but i'm looking to make the clear part..

986Cool is offline   Reply With Quote