986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bird shat on my top. (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5644)

blinkwatt 04-07-2006 01:29 PM

Bird shat on my top.

What do you guys use to remove bird droppings on the top? I can out to my car today to see white bird droppings on my top.

denverpete 04-07-2006 01:33 PM

A 12 gauge seems to work for me. Oh, you meant the droppings! That's an excellent question and I await the responses....

Perfectlap 04-07-2006 01:38 PM

Raggtopp cleanser with an Oxo feathertip brush.

If you can't find the Raggtopp try and rinse it out with a high pressure hose but don't use detergent. Avoid soap on the canvas at all costs. It attracts dust which get into the strands and leads to fraying.

rdancd816 04-07-2006 02:09 PM

As already advised, keep some Raggtop cleaner on hand. Before I used it I would immediatley rinse bird droppings off with Hot water. Don't let them sit! The Raggtop solution is great for top care and lasts quite a while if you treat the top properly. BTW a 12 guage is too much for most birds! I use an AR-15 rapid fire which brings them down with minimal mess!!!

986Jim 04-08-2006 04:35 AM

Why can't we wash with soap? I have done it once now and it cleaned up the top pretty well. I let the car dry in the shade and definately cleand off the soap well before letting it dry out.

I did get some of that Porsche top conditioner but have yet to use it. The roof seems fine and pretty clean after washing with soap. Of course I'm using automotive soap, not dish...

olly986 04-10-2006 12:53 PM

your lucky , imagine you were living in south africa, it could have been monkey ****************e on your hood instead!!!

Jim the product i use here is auto glym hood cleaner and sealer, first vaccum the hood, then wash it with cleaner live to dry a bit then spray the sealer all over the hood and voila! like a new deep one.

i know the hood in the state is your front compartment, but here it is your soft top and do not forget where English is coming from :)

see ya

Finallygottaporsche 04-11-2006 05:39 AM

i vacuum the top then use ragtop cleaner. after that i do 2-3 coats of ragtop sealant. i did this to both boxster as soon as i got them. i highly reccomend this product.

Rail26 04-11-2006 06:38 PM

Monkey ****************? Good point...I will make sure I watch out for the chunking monkeys. So much for taking the Box to Disneyworld.

olly986 04-12-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
Monkey ****************? Good point...I will make sure I watch out for the chunking monkeys. So much for taking the Box to Disneyworld.

ha ha!

don't forget the zoo and circus too

70Sixter 04-12-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdancd816
...BTW a 12 guage is too much for most birds! I use an AR-15 rapid fire which brings them down with minimal mess!!!

I think a 12 gauge with birdshot would be more satisfying. And flexible enuf to use on vandals with less risk to innocent bystanders! ;)