Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #1

Excessive Rear Toe-in

Hi Everyone,
I am new. Just bought my first porsche.
Its a 2001 Boxster S. 55k miles. New engine with only 4kmiles replaced by porsche.

Had to get it inspected and was told the inner cv boots were cracked and leaking so I replaced those. Put new tires on it and when I went to get it aligned I was told that the toe-in on the rear of the car was beyond further adjustment - 0.3in on one side and 0.5in on the other side. Front was ok. I looked at the eccentrics for both the camber and the toe control and it appears to me the alignment shop is right...

They asked me if the car had been lowered and to the best of my knowledge it has not. It APPEARS to be all stock suspension. But when I measured the height of the car according to the porsche repair manual, it is near the low end of the tolerance limit in the rear, and in the front the car appears to be below the low end of the height tolerance. Anyone know why this could be? Could this be related to the excessive toe-in on the rear?

I realize I could probably buy adjustable toe control arms to help with the issue, but I'd like to try to understand the root cause. The toe control arms on the car right now do not appear to be bent.

Any help would be appreciated. Its my first time under a porsche.

prico82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #2

Garage
Does it have a ROW 030 sport suspension? I think those are lower than the stock one.

2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote